No announcement yet.

Weather strip between bumper and headlights for non M3`s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I found that after posting. McMaster doesn't have anything like that.

Comment

I installed the E39 front bumper seal. It worked great! I did have to lower my front bumper shocks down as low as they would go, otherwise the seal was too stiff to let the bumper tuck in under the nose panel. Fitment looks really good, and the seal was only ~$15 from ECS! Wayyy cheaper than the EVO III bumper seal.

There is really no way to mount one of these underneath the plastic bumper as well, unfortunately, as there is a large gap down there as well. The bottom area is too thick, because the bumper core curves down and mates to the plastic bumper via clips in the same area.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Looks good.

Was it molded into the shape of the E39 bumper, or was it just a coil/straight piece?

Comment

It's not molded at all. It comes coiled up in a bag. It clips onto the thin portion of just the plastic on the bumper, not adhesive involved. It's several inches longer than the E30 bumper on both sides, so it can be trimmed to length.

I bought two of these and only used the one, you can have the other one sealed in the package for $15 shipped if you'd like.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

No thanks, I was mostly just curious.

Comment

Working...
            X