No announcement yet.

e36 ABS Standalone w/dual master cylinders - reservoir question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's how modern BMWs do it. it's really lame too. that or it bitch slaps you with a 50% torque cut..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Not even just modern BMWs, starting with the e36 they do that.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

I didn't think the E36 was capable of individual channel braking (AKA DSC)? ASC was pretty new and it only really cut the throttle. Also, LSD was at least optional in most E36's wasn't it?
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          I didn't think the E36 was capable of individual channel braking (AKA DSC)? ASC was pretty new and it only really cut the throttle. Also, LSD was at least optional in most E36's wasn't it?
          ASC does actually apply rear brakes to clamp down on wheel spin, in addition to the second throttle/choker in the intake, but the vast majority of the ASC action was by choking the engine.

LSD was optional (and somewhat common) in E36s during the OBD1 generation, but AFAIK, no OBD2 non-M E36 was offered an LSD option.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Why not just do E46 MK60 ABS?

I always though E30 ABS was way better than E36 abs...

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Op. Did you ever figure out how to make the abs work?. Is the return line going to one single reservoir?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                ASC does actually apply rear brakes to clamp down on wheel spin, in addition to the second throttle/choker in the intake, but the vast majority of the ASC action was by choking the engine.

LSD was optional (and somewhat common) in E36s during the OBD1 generation, but AFAIK, no OBD2 non-M E36 was offered an LSD option.
                Still trying to wrap my head around this. I have used e36 ABS as a "stand alone" in an e36 (void of dme input) and it functioned perfectly. Was that an OBD2 thing where it uses rear brakes for DTC?

Oh, and Mercedes hasn't had LSD in years. They have been using brake bias. Unrelated, but building the ls1 w210 made a 2 wheel peel very expensive since Quaife was the only real option aside from finding a rare 210mm clutch diff.
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

yeah, most new cars no longer have LSD. on BMWs, if you track them too hard it cuts power because the rear brakes overheat.. lol
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yeah, well the Vettes go to limp mid corner and if under warranty, no flashing allowed....even just to change e fan temps. Why in the world would a car like that be limped when druven too hard?
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Because it's all flash and no go when the $$$ is on the line in the boardroom?

But then, the E46 throttle cut isn't much fun, either.

t
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                      X