Hampton Roads area checkin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hampton Roads area checkin?

I've done a couple searches and checked out the Mid-A forum, but haven't really found anything that looked like a checkin thread for the area.

After being out of the game for a few years, I recently relocated to Norfolk. I don't have an e30 anymore, but I've noticed a few more modified e30's than I expected down here. I ran into ColdAccord and his euro s50b30'd touring last year while visiting (I believe he's relocated), and I've seen a clean red 325iS (lowered, Alpina replicas, yellow high beams), a modified white late model 4 door, and some others I can't remember in the past month that I've been here.

So how is the motorsport scene in the area? I've found TSCC for autocrossing, the Tidewater region BMWCCA (which seems more social than motorsports oriented), and the ODR SCCA site. Anyplace else you can direct me to?

I was wondering what happened to you. I know there are few guys down there, I'd just be patient. My cousin goes to ODU and has a nice vert, but doesn't drive it there.

I'd also check out NASA, They are a bit west more though and do stuff closer to Richmond.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i have the red 325is might be doing a m52 swap soon. cold accord moved but dont know were too. the motorsport scene is ok but i just too busy working.

Comment

Hey man,
        Im out in Va beach and finished up my m52 swap this past year. Seems like there are alot more e30's startin to run around the area.

Comment

seems like that too.....i guess thats a good thing

Comment

still got those tan seats haha

Comment

Cool, nice to see some of you guys are here.

I'm tooling around in a stock silver e46 M3 these days - maybe I'll run into one of y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by 325issguy View Post
                Hey man,
                Im out in Va beach and finished up my m52 swap this past year. Seems like there are alot more e30's startin to run around the area.
                I think I may have seen you on the street a while ago. I was in a loud black 4door e36. We played a bit down hampton blvd. I'm about to be done with an m50 swap myself in the next week or two.

Originally posted by Bill 84 318i View Post
                Cool, nice to see some of you guys are here.

I'm tooling around in a stock silver e46 M3 these days - maybe I'll run into one of y'all.
                I'm right smack dab in the the middle of an m50 swap. I probably will be dropping the motor in the next day or two. If any of you guys wanna come out, I'm more than happy to have some extra hands haha. I'm right next to ODU

Comment

Oh and I had a flat black plastic bumpered e30 from '06-'07 down here for a bit. There deff are some more e30s rolling around nowadays :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by tomgt325 View Post
                    I think I may have seen you on the street a while ago. I was in a loud black 4door e36. We played a bit down hampton blvd. I'm about to be done with an m50 swap myself in the next week or two.

I'm right smack dab in the the middle of an m50 swap. I probably will be dropping the motor in the next day or two. If any of you guys wanna come out, I'm more than happy to have some extra hands haha. I'm right next to ODU
                    i got a m50 motor also but missing alot of parts for it... just pick up for 300.00 but i might sale it and look for one with all the acc for it

Comment

Damn Bill you still around thought you had fell off the face of the earth like most other old timers. Good to see you still around.

Greg
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by TheRooster View Post
                        i got a m50 motor also but missing alot of parts for it... just pick up for 300.00 but i might sale it and look for one with all the acc for it
                        Luckily mine came out of the car in my sig, otherwise I dunno if I wouldve had the patience/$$ to find all the acc.

Sidenote:

Saw an alpine e30 on silver dforce wheels yesterday. Anybody on here? Had an Atlantic Autowerks (nice guys btw) plate frame. It was an early bumper and looked clean.

Comment

Yea that was me on hampton. Bout to get the front end of my car painted here in a few weeks and get some wheels on there.

I cant walk right now but if you still need any help in a week or two let me know and Id be glad to lend a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by 325issguy View Post
                            Yea that was me on hampton. Bout to get the front end of my car painted here in a few weeks and get some wheels on there.

I cant walk right now but if you still need any help in a week or two let me know and Id be glad to lend a hand.
                            I hope it'll be running by then, but if not, I'll probably hit you up haha. That blows you can't walk, what happened?

Comment

oh hey car is in the shop now so no one has ever seen it :(
                              Last edited by drumad; 10-21-2010, 06:59 AM.
                              2008 335i - n54b30
                              1991 318i - m52b28
                              1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Working...
                              X