Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I swap a whole 318ti suspension into my touring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I've been looking all over R3V and a few other E30 forums, for about 5 weeks and been to various sites but still haven't got a straight answer... Could I just take all the suspension, front and rear, plus the steering rack and all the 5 lug goodies from a late model euro spec 318ti and put in my touring ? Know I may need beefier springs, but what else am I missing? And if I could have it all(whole car or whatever I want) at a pretty great price would it be worth it to you? Can someone shine a light on this for me? Plan on doing it all and an engine swap(n54 or LSX) once back in the states eventually but should I pick this stuff up while I can? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the 318ti have the small brakes and housings (48mm) like the regular 318?

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
      Does the 318ti have the small brakes and housings (48mm) like the regular 318?

I'll check real oem ... but not sure at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerDocA7X View Post
        I'll check real oem ... but not sure at the moment

Apparently according to the VIN it's a 316ti so now I'm even more confused...[emoji851] I'll have to actually get in an take a look at what's goin on with this thing...

Comment

I wouldn't put too much effort into installing small brakes.

Comment

Hubs in front are the same so adding these allows you to add late model e36 Non M vented rotors up front. Late Model E36 brakes are dirt cheap.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Yeah definitely don't want small brakes, I'll keep researching I have about a month to decide, just figured with my 29 yr old touring it's gonna need a refresh and why not do everything up and drop it in at once and still be able to drive the car while doing so!

Comment

Working...
              X