Removing a Trailing Arm with 12mm Risers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing a Trailing Arm with 12mm Risers

Anyone know if the trailing arm is able to be removed without dropping the subframe, once 12mm risers are installed? The bolts for the right side arms are really tight and I doubt I can get a wrench in there.

I am going to reseal the diff this weekend and if I have enough time swap RTA/brakes/axle.

I may post pics. I can't tell whats bent. RTA or frame. ;D
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

What about grinding a wrench and making it thinner? ;-) I have a few of these "special" wrenches for "special" purposes.
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
      What about grinding a wrench and making it thinner? ;-) I have a few of these "special" wrenches for "special" purposes.
      Yup, too the grinder. AWWAYYYYYYY.

Honestly, have you used one in this application? I have always heard of people using obstruction wrenches in this case?

Either way. I still haven't swapped the parts yet.. Thanks for the reminder Massive.
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Also. Anyone tried out Condors adjustable bushing??

Condor Speed Shop performance parts for the 1983 - 1991 BMW E30. Get the ultimate BMW performance upgrades for your track or street car. Some of our most notable E30 parts are our suspension bushings and UHMW, polyurethane, and solid aluminum engine mounts.

Really really thinking about being the test rat.
        20% Accurate

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
          Also. Anyone tried out Condors adjustable bushing??

Condor Speed Shop performance parts for the 1983 - 1991 BMW E30. Get the ultimate BMW performance upgrades for your track or street car. Some of our most notable E30 parts are our suspension bushings and UHMW, polyurethane, and solid aluminum engine mounts.

Really really thinking about being the test rat.
          They are cool looking but I don’t think they offer enough adjustment. They advertise 1 degree.
          1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
          5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Which welding in eccentrics can offer 1.5. For a simpler and cheaper install, I would lean towards these with 12mm risers (which are typically run in conjunction with eccentrics too).

I just wonder if they slip or anything like that. I may ditch the current Condor bushings and try these. I didn't want to create a whole new thread though.
            20% Accurate

Comment

I removed the trailing arm from the 'project' car, which has been setback to 'parts car'.

I was trying to remove the TA from the passenger side. The gas tank input blocks the bolt from sliding out. I am hoping that I can drop the subframe about two inches to alleviate this. Will post an update!
              20% Accurate

Comment

Yeah, you have to drop the subframe to clear that bolt even if you don't have risers.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                  Yeah, you have to drop the subframe to clear that bolt even if you don't have risers.
                  I just bent it out of the way on the parts car and bent it back.

Can I just drop the subframe about two inches? As in not have to remove the driveshaft and the brake lines on the other side?
                  20% Accurate

Comment

Oh sorry I wasn't clear about that. You don't need to remove the subframe, you just need to drop it around two inches so that it clears the fuel filler hose.

Originally posted by whysimon
                    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                      Oh sorry I wasn't clear about that. You don't need to remove the subframe, you just need to drop it around two inches so that it clears the fuel filler hose.
                      Absolutely true. Completed the TA swap with no issues. Except my steering wheel is tilted. Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. I should have posted this in the Track and AutoX thread https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=423636 . Any ideas gentlemen?
                      20% Accurate

Comment

Working...
                      X