Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
    Where the Schmidts go?
    It was part of the price negotiation. He kept the wheels, I got the car for less.

They're not my style at all. I'm trying to get in on the Apex ARC-8 buy.

Help bring back our 4x100 wheels. You decide what sizes and finishes we produce.
    I do things.

Comment

Filler post.
      I do things.

Comment

Got the doors disassembled and removed. Cleaned up the interior, and found all the rust spots. Got a quarter sized hole on the passenger side I'll have to patch up, the rest looks pretty good.

The paint on the car is cracked, and is in really poor shape, so, I did some testing to see what it will take to get to good material. I was using 240 grit discs, and I got some 120 grit and 80 grit. There's a lot of material that needs to come off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Melon; 04-21-2018, 12:56 PM.
        I do things.

Comment

Cutout for the exhaust done, had to sand both sides down to the metal (cracking paint) and used some Dupli-color self etching primer to protect the metal until I can get back to it.

Front right fender has a hole, so that's trashed. Looking for a new one.

I do things.

Comment

Dang. Thats what my car needs is a paint job

Comment

Was sick this weekend, but perked up on Sunday and took advantage of my sick time, called in today.

Both fenders are damaged, and so is the front valence, so, I got all new items on order, with a Euro valence.

Got rid of some rust underneath the fenders, and sprayed some rubberized coating to protect the area.

Since the valence was off, I painted the lower part of the core support, the top part is going to get painted to match the body.

Got the roof sanded down, more cracked and rusted paint, and got some primer on it.

Not much more I can do with the car until the fenders and valence arrive. (Set to arrive mid-May, thanks ECS... meh) I got plenty to do in the meantime anyway, and a vacation to the tail of the dragon. More on that in my next post.

Next steps are to clean up the garage, and paint the underside of the hood and trunk, and the back side of the doors, and fuel filler cap.

I do things.

Comment

Twice a year I go to the tail of the dragon, hangout with friends, drive great roads, no cell service, and no worries. It's my only time to genuinely unwind.

The E30 is going both times in 2019, but for this year.

Figured I'd post my other car.

2002 Corvette
                4.10 Rear, w/ C6 Z06 internals
                C7 Clutch
                Stock LS1
                Borla Stinger

C6 Z06 Shocks
                C6 Z51 Sway bars

Few other creature comforts.

I autocross it now, and do pretty well. Hoping the E30 will pick up those reigns.

I do things.

Comment

The daily.

Last edited by Melon; 04-21-2018, 09:01 AM.
                  I do things.

Comment

I used POR-15 Undercoating, and it appears to have a reaction with the existing coating on the car, never dried, still gooey. I did some testing on other surfaces to confirm.

Now I get to scrape it all off and start over.

Going full epoxy primer and 3M undercoating this time.
                    I do things.

Comment

bummer to hear about the por-15 issue. What are you thinking about for the e30 in terms of power? Ls1 --> m20 isnt exactly an upgrade...

thats negating all the wonders and fun of an e30 chassis though
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                        bummer to hear about the por-15 issue. What are you thinking about for the e30 in terms of power? Ls1 --> m20 isnt exactly an upgrade...

thats negating all the wonders and fun of an e30 chassis though
                        It's been M20b25 swapped already.
                        My plan is to stick with that.

Power:Weight it's around what my NC Miata was, and I love the way it drove.
                        Slow car fast.
                        I do things.

Comment

righteous. slow car fast is great
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Acetone and some elbow grease got the old stuff off. Por-15 is good stuff when used properly, just beware, it reacts to the rubber coating material on the car.

Got the new epoxy primer on, it's drying without any fuss, so I can continue after my snafu.

I do things.

Comment

Rocker panels primed, ready for undercoating.

Did just as much cleaning and organizing today. Garage how has room to being spraying underside of hood, trunk, and the back of the doors.

I do things.

Comment

Great attention to detail! This thing is going to be minty when you're done.
                                '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                                '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Working...
                                X