No announcement yet.

Don Nguyen | My Porsche 911 V8 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owning a 964 at 20? Where did I go wrong?
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
      Owning a 964 at 20? Where did I go wrong?
      Where am I going wrong???

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMan View Post
        interesting idea.. 2 questions:
        what happened to the original 3.6L?
        are you using the stock Porsche transaxle and driveline?
        Everything transmission forward will be Porsche. I still have the stock engine. Going to hold onto it, since there's no reason for me to really sell it yet.

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
        MegaMat by FatMat works just like dynamat extreme but is less than half the price. 100sqft is under $250 shipped. That gets you barely 36sqft of dynamat.

One of the guys that is on another forum that I am and posted this thread on actually works in that industry or can get those pieces, so I am going to hit him up when I am ready, which is most likely after the car gets repainted.

-Don

Comment

Why is your build thread in general discussion and not in the project forum?
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Don't know. If it's in the wrong section, feel free to move it.

Comment

Don - great work.

I am building a 968 myself into a more dedicated track car. Its really is a slippery slope once you get started. If I ever need a new engine I'll be following your lead with an LS.

Check out Appbiz for their lightweight RS carpets and RS door panels, its nice stuff.

Not sure what you're doing for seats but the RSA cloth sports seats would be killer - http://www.rsamerica.net/OEMinfo/RSA...eats/index.htm
              1989 325iX Zinnoberrot/Black 65k miles

Comment

Originally posted by steven g View Post
                Don - great work.

I am building a 968 myself into a more dedicated track car. Its really is a slippery slope once you get started. If I ever need a new engine I'll be following your lead with an LS.

Check out Appbiz for their lightweight RS carpets and RS door panels, its nice stuff.

Not sure what you're doing for seats but the RSA cloth sports seats would be killer - http://www.rsamerica.net/OEMinfo/RSA...eats/index.htm
                Yep. That's who I am going to be getting my carpet set from. They are local to me.

I already have some bucket seats that I will be using.

-Don

Comment

Did not really get any further progress on the Porsche this weekend. Instead, I chose to autocross my E70 X5 with the BMW CCA group. Gotta make sure all of the tools in the shed are sharp. There were a total of 13 cars in my class, I came in 5th. Got beat by three turbo charged 135//335s by about a second and lost out to first place (2013 335i) by 3.5 seconds on a ~60-65 seconds length course.

Here's a video of my run. The video was kind of quickly put together. It's been a long while since I last did any sort of video editing. It was also my first time using my new gopro hero 3s to shoot video with.

That's not to say I don't have any pictures of my Porsche that I can't share with you guys though. Nothing special, but at least it gives you something to look at.

This picture is from at least 4 years ago when I was first test fitting wheels on my widebody E36 M3 and for fun I put the wheel next to my Porsche to see what it would look like.

Here's a more recent picture of a different, but similarly sized wheel on my Porsche, to gauge roughly how far out my flares are going to have to be.

-Don

Comment

Lol, you sure you have enough width there buddy?
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

This is sick. sub'd.

Comment

Not really an update on my Porsche, but I have had a lot of requests for pictures of my widebody E36 M3, so instead of PMing everyone back individually, here are the pictures of it.

This is basically a recap of the past 4 years in 3 pictures, with the red black and white being the oldest and the car in black being the most recent.

I do automotive vinyl wrapping professionally, so changing the color of the car is easy for me. The original colors of red/black/white were painted. However, the matte white and matte black are vinyl wraps. Had the matte white for a month before going matte black. Just felt right. May just get the car painted gloss black later on, or if I feel ballsy enough, I'll redo the red/black/white theme again.

If you really want to follow more oft the progress on my other builds (my widebody M3, motorcycles, etc.), pretty much all of my pictures and updates on those will be posted through instagram, since I don't really feel like they deserve their own threads.

Instagram: @don__nguyen (double underscores in between the name).

Direct link: http://instagr.am/p/WgKZ5DBLgd/

-Don

Comment

:crazy: sub'd

Comment

Originally posted by Don Nguyen View Post
                            -snip-

-Don
                            THE Don. 'Cause your a boss. This is awesome.
                            -Peter
                            '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                            '91 318is slicktop project
                            '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                            '00 Tundra

Comment

love that widebody!
                              NRG Quick Release/MOMO Hubs|NRG Limited Edition Deep Dish Wheels|NRG Wood Wheels|Nardi|
                              9five Eyewear|Day of the Dead Tees|
                              WORK Wheels|Lug Nuts|
                              STÄTUS|
                              Got Juice?|

Comment

Meh, I would rather see a built Porsche engine then another LSx swap.

Comment

Working...
                                X