SCCA Solo2 Practice Saturday Dec 2, Fontana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCCA Solo2 Practice Saturday Dec 2, Fontana

As an introduction, my car is a 1987 325 that was built in 2010'ish to NASA GT2 spec's with a Non Vanos M50. It was purchased with the intent to drive it with VARA, GTO class to be determined. The refresh has included dropping the pan to change the gasket that is guaranteed to be leaking at the time of purchase and allowed the conformation that someone spent the time to safety wire the oil pump nut.

The learning curve on this included the part that there are two front sump oil pans. One with an oil windage tray that is attached to the pan and the other that is not. I now have a total of three pans/sets. But to almost make sure I never have an issue with a broken pan I installed a Red 46 oil sump guard.

I should say, had installed. After the lower radiator support sheetmetal was replaced because someone used it to try and jack up the front of the car. Additional welding included moving a cage bar that would have been in the perfect location to guarantee that both of my knees would be replaced if I ever really took advantage of the sum guard saving the oil pan.

There is more, as this is a "refreshed" race car. I will have the car in Fontana this Saturday at the auto cross practice. Seat time on 200tw tires is going to be fun. You are welcome to stop by and offer your constructive comments. For some reason this thing elicits lots of comments. event info at www.solo2.com

David
Working...
X