Glove box flashlight repair, how to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glove box flashlight repair, how to.

I know most people don't care because they just have the flashlight there to complete the look or just don't have it at all.

I wanted the flashlight for originality reasons but also wanted it to work, I know it's just a cool factor at this point. I did a little research and found a write up about how to change out the batteries since the battery is typically the reason the light doesn't work.

How to write up:

Link to batteries in the states:

sigpic
    TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
    FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

I just bought a white flashlight and will need to do this. How hard was it to pry the casing apart? What tool(s) and what exact location did you use to pry it open? Thank you for any info you are able to share.
    sigpic
    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Once I get the flashlight I'll have to do this. The one in my last car never worked and I didn't bother to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
        I just bought a white flashlight and will need to do this. How hard was it to pry the casing apart? What tool(s) and what exact location did you use to pry it open? Thank you for any info you are able to share.
        It is glued together so i used a very small screwdriver to slowly pry all the way around. I took my time because the plastic is brittle.
        sigpic
        FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

sigpic
          FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

4.50 to fix the light?!? You need to be praised sir.
            Swanny!
            SUCKERS.

Comment

You actually need two batteris so its more around 11 bucks but still cool.
              sigpic
              FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

I just get carried away at the thought of a little glove box light
                Swanny!
                SUCKERS.

Comment

I am about to do this but which side to the weld tabs need to be on? positive or negative. I just need a weld tab on one of them correct?

Comment

As soon as I got one of these in a parts car I wanted to be able to fix it, and you've come to the rescue! Thanks for this! And +1 on fronton's question.
                    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I didnt know E30s came with flashlights
                      88 325is Five Speed
                      Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                        I didnt know E30s came with flashlights
                        No, the cars were free, with the purchase of a $20,000 flashlight!

Comment

I did this the other day and have a much brighter flashlight now. Only one of the batteries needs a weld tab on top and the side with the green ring faces down for both batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by wikkid View Post
                            No, the cars were free, with the purchase of a $20,000 flashlight!
                            :|
                            88 325is Five Speed
                            Lachssilber

Comment

Bump. This uses two batteries? One with a solder tab? What about the bulb? Are they widely available?
                              diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

Working...
                              X