Part # help - alternator bolt/nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part # help - alternator bolt/nut

Posting here since somebody must have run into this before. Can anyone tell me the part #s for the bottom alternator bolt and its funny cylindrical nut? It's mostly the nut I'm after. I can't seem to find the parts on RealOEM.com. Thanks in advance.
    -Nick

99% of the time the nut is part of the alternator.

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I think I was the one who posted it before...

My nut is part of my alternator, as said above. I needed that bolt badly and couldnt manage to get the right one (as youre finding, its unlisted or some shit). I ended up going to a scrapyard and pulling the bolt off an M52 or something. The only problem was, it had a seperate nut on the back of the alternator, and the bolt wasnt threaded enough for the S52.

I took the easy way out. Took the bolt and dye-d a little longer on it so that the threads didn't bottom out on my built-in nut. its M10x1.5. Works perfectly now.

My suggestion is go to the scrapyard for one since theyre impossible to find new. I dont think theres anything wrong with running a seperate nut if you cant find the built in-one that goes in the alternator hole.

Comment

Ugh, just what I didn't want to hear! Mine was rusted solid and I'm thinking I'm likely gonna encounter the same problem in any scrap yard car around here. I have the old nut but didn't want to have to drill/tap. I guess that's my best option now. That or shim some washers in there....

Thanks for the replies fellas

Comment

If you soak it in CLR, then dye/tap over the threads the with the same size they may clean up decently

Comment

Ha, never thought about CLR. I started drilling it out earlier but got pulled away. When I stopped there was still a thin layer of bolt that wouldn't budge - got it soaking in penetrating oil now. Hopefully I can clean it up as you said without killing the threads.

Comment

Working...
            X