Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf?

Comment

Ya, new pics of what? He posted pics of everything, all the way through to paint.

Comment

Owned.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
          nice write-up. looks like they came out pretty damn good. BUT, as mentioned above, materials are ~$47, OEM is ~$100. for you college kids i guess this would be acool 5hr project in spare time, but for us full-timers, i know i make more than $10/hour, so buying OEM is the way to go...maybe some1 with buttloads of spare time could make/sell these things for like $75 and make some pocket change...

my thoughts exactly - however, GREAT write-up and nice job guys, if anything its good to know if someone wanted to repair a cracked one (US or EU).
          Sold my Sepang Bronze 1990 325is and miss it already

Comment

I bought my euro moldings used for $20 shipped. I can't see why anybody would spend $50 in supplies to make their own.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
              I bought my euro moldings used for $20 shipped. I can't see why anybody would spend $50 in supplies to make their own.
              Because finding Euro trim for $20 shipped is a simple stroke of good luck... unless you have a magical link where everyone here can order euro trim for $20 shipped?

Plus I already had all these supplies in my garage from other projects so it really only cost me 1 can of bumper paint.
              Last edited by RobertK; 10-25-2006, 01:11 PM.

Comment

thats neat...this is a good template for people with driving boards that want to get rid of the sidemarkers to give it the euro look..
                -Frank
                1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                2001 525i

Comment

this looks awesome, can't wait to do this and clean up the look of my e30,
                  also this may be a dumb question but I'm curious, what did you do to the wiring?
                  just tape off and tuck? wiring "bells" to close em off?
                  sigpic

Comment

just inplug and tuck it back. I did this a few months ago and it looks great still. I had all the stuff so it was about 8 bucks in sandpaper.

Comment

how did you go about removing the trim, slowly with a screwdriver from the inside? break any tabs?
                      Last edited by dvck; 02-15-2010, 02:02 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow sick mod:)

Comment

Bump...how's it holding up?

Comment

yo robert...you sold me that 91 318 front bumper, doin' the euro to it. got any leads on the back bumper (white prefered)...want to do that at the same time. get rid of both db's.

Comment

question, how does duplicolor holds up against rock chips? I'm thinking of painting my front grille to give it a fresh look... any advice?
                              вот такая вот зараза!... Машына моей мечты.
                              [IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

^ should work fine. Just prep it right and maybe use some adhesion promoter.

Just a thought, but i've used good ole' masking tape to act as a backer for kitty hair on many occasions. Simpler and Cheaper for the average DIYer.
                                I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

Working...
                                X