Water Leaks = Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookooc View Post
    My 91 318i has lots of water on passenger foot well if it goes through a car wash or heavy rain.
    It doesn't have a sun roof. I don't see the 'elephant trunk'.
    thanks
    Also look at the heater box drains. Remove the console, up under the heater box there are three drains, right, left and center toward the shifter.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
      passenger side by the rear of the head of the motor on the fire wall
      Are are you referring to the elephant trunk? There isn't one there. I don't any drains there. I will take a pic.
      I wish it WAS there so I could clean it out.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tomstin View Post
        Also look at the heater box drains. Remove the console, up under the heater box there are three drains, right, left and center toward the shifter.
        Thanks, I will see if I can find them.

Comment

How do I tackle removing trunk carpet to get to real trunk leak?

Originally posted by leland21 View Post
          I had the same problem and thought about just drilling holes!! j/k I found the problem to be the rear sunroof drains behind the trunk carpet. The hose had came loose on mine.
          I’m responding to this old thread: when I wash my car or it rains I get a pool of water in the left trunk basin right below the jack. Does anyone have pics/detailed instructions for (a) removing the liner from the trunk area and/or (b) related exterior trim culprits to expose the entire plumbing source of this leak, and (c) are there any parts I need to replace?

DIY noobie here so excuse any procedure help that might seem totally obvious. Thanks in advance,
          -A
          1989 325iX
          SF, CA

Comment

Working...
          X