No announcement yet.

N54 swaps now possible :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how about an n54 with dct. Could this be done without too much hassle?

Comment

There's a couple people running DCTs in E30s here. Both use standalone controllers AFAIK. But I don't know if you could use the stock DCT computer or if standalone is better.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Driftworks used the factory computer to control a dct in their e30 m3, pretty wild build actually.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

But did they swap in a whole harness from an E9x or did they make it run standalone?

It should be possible to make it run standalone if it doesn't have EWS or need the CAS. But I think you probably at least need the ABS/DSC system to feed the road speed signal to it.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            But did they swap in a whole harness from an E9x or did they make it run standalone?

It should be possible to make it run standalone if it doesn't have EWS or need the CAS. But I think you probably at least need the ABS/DSC system to feed the road speed signal to it.
            If I remember correctly they swapped the entire harness plus the s65 then used the e46 m3 abs system. There's a series of videos on youtube on it, but they go into more detail of bodywork and suspension then they do about the drivetrain but still a worth the watch.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

yeah, I mean that's one way to do it - but that's way harder than making it run standalone.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                yeah, I mean that's one way to do it - but that's way harder than making it run standalone.
                Oh ya absolutely, they did this a few years ago and at that time I'm not sure if anyone attempted to build a standalone yet. Its pretty straight forward with the standalone Nisse offers.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

The gear shift signals to the dct module are can signals, so you would need to have some interface if you do not go full stand alone. They should not be too hard to find it you monitor the can bus on a working car, then you just need something to transmit that signal when your paddles are pressed.

Comment

Working...
                  X