No announcement yet.

Offroad E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris i wish we would have met before i left phoenix we could have been offroad homies just long distance now

here's my zombE30 still wearing AZ plates

Last edited by maddman139; 02-18-2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hopefully i will post some photos in the desert this weekend. Added hood pins and did a tune up.

I need to build a new exhaust as it leaks in a few places and i have welded the flex pipe a few times and it breaks constantly.
      sigpic
      89 325i Offroad
      89 325i
      05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Awesome read. I used info from this thread to whip myself up a lifted e30. I used Yokohama geolandars in 205 70 15 paired with the e30 vert springs up front and e36 vert springs out back but with a 3/4" spacer on top for an added 1 1/2" of fender gap. The yokos didn't need any clearancing of the rear fender. I can get under the car without a jack now. It's a late model, and the rear fender sits at 28" off the ground. The front is 27". Thanks for your research!
        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
          Awesome read. I used info from this thread to whip myself up a lifted e30. I used Yokohama geolandars in 205 70 15 paired with the e30 vert springs up front and e36 vert springs out back but with a 3/4" spacer on top for an added 1 1/2" of fender gap. The yokos didn't need any clearancing of the rear fender. I can get under the car without a jack now. It's a late model, and the rear fender sits at 28" off the ground. The front is 27". Thanks for your research!
          Post up some pics!
          sigpic
          89 325i Offroad
          89 325i
          05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Hate to make you click, but I can't figure out how to post pics from my phone.

Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I want to do this, but I really don't need another e30...
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                I want to do this, but I really don't need another e30...
                This is how I justify another e30. :)
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I saw your post stating you are still rocking e30 control arms. what would the advantage be with e46 arms? Currently building a rally e30 myself, already got meaty tires, flaps and fogs. Suspension is next.
                  Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Fellow AZ guy checking in.

E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

Where those the tires I saw on your roof racks a week or 2 ago? You followed me down carters creek where I turned on Coleman.

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                        I saw your post stating you are still rocking e30 control arms. what would the advantage be with e46 arms? Currently building a rally e30 myself, already got meaty tires, flaps and fogs. Suspension is next.

e46 arm push out the track width ~1in on each side for better clearance for big meats and slightly more travel

here is a comparison of all e30 e36 and e46 LCAs

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk View Post
                          Where those the tires I saw on your roof racks a week or 2 ago? You followed me down carters creek where I turned on Coleman.
                          Them are them!
                          ~~~~~~~~~~
                          I was born on 3/25…
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

so cool. Needs rocksliders now!
                            Boris - 89 E30 325i
                            84- E30 323i

Comment

Offroad E30

Haven't had much time to take this thing out lately but expect some off-road pictures soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              sigpic
                              89 325i Offroad
                              89 325i
                              05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Looks beastly!
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X