No announcement yet.

Mostly-calypso: A $600 learning experience [Now S52 swapped]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats awesome man. Makes me want to wrap my bronze beige but idk about that much down time again; going on a month and a half on my 2.7i build.
    Cheers!

~Frank

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Corsair89 View Post
      idk about that much down time again
      FWIW it definitely could have been done quicker than 3 weeks. I took a bunch of extra time painting trim, filling some dings, sanding, priming, etc. Probably could have been done over 3-4 solid days if we hustled and didn't do this in the middle of July.

Comment

great progress!

Comment

Not much new here, but figured I'd update anyhow. Keep myself accountable n'at.

Replaced the steering guibo on the vert. Forgot how tedious that job is.

Also was digging around in some old pictures, and found some from the original listing to my car. Probably should have passed on it at the time, but I'm so glad I didn't.

Anyways, I installed some new fog lights, and got them working for the first time in 2+ years! They're a Chinese knockoff set I found on Amazon, so we'll see how long they last.

Now if I can just track down a new front lip...

Comment

Unless I am wrong slightlystancedbmw was/is selling splitters and lips for a very attractive price. I'd fire him off a message or check his ad here. Also nice referb on those bumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Cheers!

~Frank

sigpic

Comment

Have a pretty cool update in the works! A few months ago a friend of a friend on Facebook asked if she knew anyone with an older vintage car from the 80's or 90's for a feature in Popular Mechanics magazine. We replied and let her know we had a pair of daily-driver E30s in halfway decent shape, but didn't really expect a reply to be honest. Turns out they were super interested in our story, and decided to do the feature on us.

Here's a couple teaser pictures from the photoshoot they did last weekend. Will be seeing the results from the shoot over the next few months - pretty sure the article will come out in the March issue

Oh and I got a front lip finally :D

Comment

That wrap looks awesome, how much did you end up using?
                Feedback
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=270560

Comment

Originally posted by Jurt View Post
                  That wrap looks awesome, how much did you end up using?
                  I bought an entire roll, and probably used about 60-75% of it. Haven't measured what's left, but I'd guess at least enough to re-do 3ish panels.

Comment

It looks 100 times better now with that wrap. The color looks great!

Comment

Great project and impressive wrap skills. And getting a feature in Popular Mechanics is fantastic. Congrats!

Comment

Where were these pictures taken? If you don't mind me asking.
                        Pretty cool looking area.
                        I am local here in Franklin.

Originally posted by NJBiddle View Post

Comment

Originally posted by nighthawk View Post
                          Where were these pictures taken? If you don't mind me asking.
                          Pretty cool looking area.
                          I am local here in Franklin.
                          We did the shoot over in East Nashville at Shelby Park near the baseball fields. Pretty cool spot.

Comment

Originally posted by NJBiddle View Post
                            We did the shoot over in East Nashville at Shelby Park near the baseball fields. Pretty cool spot.
                            Oh cool.
                            I got to check it out sometime.

Nice e30 ;D

Comment

Awesome - great work!
                              91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                              ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Update time

The Popular Mechanics article came out a few days ago! http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...1991-bmw-325i/

They mentioned it'd probably come out in March, but it looks like they ran it early. Pretty happy with it despite some of the questionable details... "dolphin-grey" Super pleased they ran a pic with both cars in it.

Progress will be pretty slow from here for a bit - We're in the process of buying a house and planning a wedding. Was hoping to start a swap this summer but that'll probably get delayed until I have some free time.

Will leave you with one last picture. House and car were both born in 1991 - I think it's a perfect fit!

Comment

Working...
                                X