Anyone have any feedback on the rx7 brake upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any feedback on the rx7 brake upgrade

Just curious how much better it slows down and if they bight a lot harder the rx7's 4 POT calipers.

Running the rx7 bkk kit on my car, seems like there is quite a bit more bite and less prone to brake fad. A good upgrade over stock however the calipers really limit wheels choice.

Comment

I'm running 16x8 rota grids with +18 or 20 offset iirc. love em like raisins

Comment

Did you get the adapter bracket from Cameron Avery?

Comment

Is Cameron Avery still around for RX7 brakes?

Bringing this one back from the dead. I am trying to find some brake line adapters for the RX7 conversion.I tried ordering from Cameron Avery's website, but got no response after several weeks. Just wondering if anyone knows if he is still around? Or if anyone knows of a source for the fitting adapters...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Uber02 View Post
            Bringing this one back from the dead. I am trying to find some brake line adapters for the RX7 conversion.I tried ordering from Cameron Avery's website, but got no response after several weeks. Just wondering if anyone knows if he is still around? Or if anyone knows of a source for the fitting adapters...

Thanks!
            i got mine from him a couple years ago. he is localish to me but his facebook doesn't show any activity for some time. not sure what's going on with him. he seems like a pretty normal and nice guy, not sure why he'd disappear

edit: his page on here shows no activity since may of this year. either something happened to him or he's out of the game i guess.
            Last edited by mitchlikesbikes; 12-09-2017, 11:52 PM.

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
            IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Bummer! Well I am having a heck of a time finding brake fitting adapters. I read on here that 90's volvos had them, but I have been looking at parts diagrams and I don't see anything that looks promising. Anyone have any leads?

Comment

Originally posted by Uber02 View Post
                Bummer! Well I am having a heck of a time finding brake fitting adapters. I read on here that 90's volvos had them, but I have been looking at parts diagrams and I don't see anything that looks promising. Anyone have any leads?

i tried to source my own also with no luck. catuned sells adapter brackets, maybe they sell the adapter fittings as well?

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012

Comment

brake adaptors

Iwas told that the 87 volvo Brake adaptor will fit

Comment

If you run braided lines I didn’t need the adapters

Comment

Originally posted by shootnjunky View Post
                      If you run braided lines I didn’t need the adapters
                      your braided lines must not have been e30 specific. because the ends are the same as the standard e30 lines.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                        Running the rx7 bkk kit on my car, seems like there is quite a bit more bite and less prone to brake fad. A good upgrade over stock however the calipers really limit wheels choice.
                        wondering what wheels really fit over these.

Also you can rent a brake line flare tool form autozone/oriellys/etc and make your own adapters. There are plenty of snippets of info out here on r3v/e30zone.
                        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                        X