Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
    Hahahahaaha ohhh noes!!!!

This is the shit that keeps you up at night?!!
    i wouldn't say it keeps me up at night, but yeah, these are the kinds of opinions you develop when your sphere of consciousness extends more than 6 feet from your couch.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      can we try and keep the discourse/attitude above grade-school please?
      because solving problems with violence (i.e. busting up Starbucks windows) isn't grade-school levels of conflict resolution?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Also, I don't see anyone here praising the actions of the Eagle's fans. I'm sure all of us here condemn it. Similar to how most of us condemn the actions of "black bloc".

I'm not sure where you got the idea that any of us think the Eagles riots are ok by any stretch of the imagination.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          Also, I don't see anyone here praising the actions of the Eagle's fans. I'm sure all of us here condemn it. Similar to how most of us condemn the actions of "black bloc".

I'm not sure where you got the idea that any of us think the Eagles riots are ok by any stretch of the imagination.
          you misunderstood the original question, and i didn't say that any of you were okay with it.

why such a strong response to black bloc tactics when sports riots cause orders of magnitude greater damage?
          past:
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:

Comment

Because they're political tactics not just groups of people drunkenly flipping cars. What would garner more news attention, two drunk guys fighting, or a neo-nazi and a black bloc activist fighting?

Comment

Also, I thought whataboutisms were a right wing tactic?

Comment

Because they're political tactics not just groups of people drunkenly flipping cars. What would garner more news attention, two drunk guys fighting, or a neo-nazi and a black bloc activist fighting?
                the point of my question is not what *would*, but what *should*. are we okay defining the event with the larger property damage cost as the bigger problem, here?

Also, I thought whataboutisms were a right wing tactic?
                that's kind of an oversimplification, but whatever.
                past:
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:

Comment

the point of my question is not what *would*, but what *should*. are we okay defining the event with the larger property damage cost as the bigger problem, here?
                  This is why:

that's kind of an oversimplification, but whatever.
                  It isn't, but ok.

Comment

This is why:

i'm going to go ahead and ignore your unsupported "nuh-uh" and focus on this.

your definition here emphasizes "especially against citizens".

in your mind, is there a difference when the violence is committed against a corporate entity guilty of international crimes that hasn't been brought to justice? because that's a very different thing.
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

i'm going to go ahead and ignore your unsupported "nuh-uh" and focus on this.

your definition here emphasizes "especially against citizens".

in your mind, is there a difference when the violence is committed against a corporate entity guilty of international crimes that hasn't been brought to justice? because that's a very different thing.
                      Especially against =/= only against.

And that's not "my" definition.

Comment

And, I do not agree with vigilante justice.

Comment

Especially against =/= only against.
                          fine, but it should have been clear to you already that black bloc does not target individual citizens unless they really make a serious amount of noise about being white supremacists, neo-nazis, or similar.

And that's not "my" definition.
                          well you used it as a point of argument by copy-pasting it. that kinda does make it "yours", otherwise you'd have dug around in your head and found your own words.

And, I do not agree with vigilante justice.
                          fair. i don't agree with letting multinational corporations get away with crime because they're "too big to jail". guess we differ there.
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

fine, but it should have been clear to you already that black bloc does not target individual citizens unless they really make a serious amount of noise about being white supremacists, neo-nazis, or similar.
                            Citizens own those establishments ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well you used it as a point of argument by copy-pasting it. that kinda does make it "yours", otherwise you'd have dug around in your head and found your own words.
                            Wait. So I'm supposed to be the clarifying voice on what words mean as opposed to numerous institutions that dedicate all of their work to providing definitions for those terms?

fair. i don't agree with letting multinational corporations get away with crime because they're "too big to jail". guess we differ there.
                            I don't either. But I don't believe throwing bricks through windows is the proper course of action.

Comment

can we try and keep the discourse/attitude above grade-school please?

the animosity towards starbucks is because of their refusal to adhere to fair-trade practice when choosing which growers to buy from. almost every other coffee chain (peet's, green bean, etc), does this. this means they're buying beans from farms with varying degrees of labor exploitation, and they don't even pass the savings on to the person at the counter- the price is usually comparable.

on BofA- seriously? you haven't seen the news on them in the past decade? unfair/exploitative business practices, many of them aimed at lower-income families. go to google news and query "BofA scandal"- i'm genuinely surprised that you can't think of at least one reason to be pissed off at this institution, even if you aren't a customer.

Does Dunkin Donuts adhere to free trade? What about the Daylight donuts donut shops all over the country? Aside from the fact that it seems like for years both shops have been promoting their Free Trade coffee.....so you do you have a link to back up your assertion?

BofA...........I wanted to see if you had something different, but alas, you didn't.

You know, it's really strange to me, because I didn't realize people were FORCED to buy homes, or forced to take on a larger mortgage payment than they can afford.

People are stupid, my best friend when he bought his old house in 2009, he spent more on his house by about 50% than I did.........while he and his now ex-wife combined didn't make as much as I did........and that ignores my girlfriend at the time made about as much as I did.

I constantly showed him the numbers, why it was a bad idea, etc. "Nope we want this house."
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

that's an oversimplification. there is a *lot* more in their dirty laundry than just participating in the conditions that led to the mortgage crisis.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X