Best feeling pads on blank brembos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best feeling pads on blank brembos

Doing the brakes on my car soon. I want great initial bite. I read to stay away from HPS and go stock. What brands in your experience shell out the best pedal feel? Mainly daily driven but I want to have the confidence to hit backroads whenever I want. Are there any street pads that perform better than oem?

This ^

Oe specs, Lifetime warranty, and good brake feel

Much like you I daily my e30. I did brembo blanks, ate pads and ss brake lines and I couldn't be happier. The most important thing to get the most out of your brakes is a GOOD bleed. Go around 3 times maybe even 4 if you need to. Then if you're still not satisfied adjust the pedal so it grabs right at the top. Then if you're still not satisfied, look into bbk's. My setup has half an inch of play right at the top, but once the pressure is applied the brakes are right there. E30 brakes are adequate for the power they have from the factory, no need for special pads imo.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
      https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ad-set-d385a-1

This ^

Oe specs, Lifetime warranty, and good brake feel

Much like you I daily my e30. I did brembo blanks, ate pads and ss brake lines and I couldn't be happier. The most important thing to get the most out of your brakes is a GOOD bleed. Go around 3 times maybe even 4 if you need to. Then if you're still not satisfied adjust the pedal so it grabs right at the top. Then if you're still not satisfied, look into bbk's. My setup has half an inch of play right at the top, but once the pressure is applied the brakes are right there. E30 brakes are adequate for the power they have from the factory, no need for special pads imo.
      How do you adjust the pedal? Might just do that. I like a really stiff high pedal, it’s confidence inspiring. And how does the setup respond to being driven hard?

Comment

before doing that ^ make sure your brakes are up to spec and there's no air in the system. So to recap:

1. Replace if necessary
        2. Bleed, Bleed, Bleed
        3. Adjust pedal

I take spirited drives quite often and I never find myself thinking; "man I wish I had bigger brakes". If that's what you're asking. If you find yourself asking that question a lot, you need to review the 3 above or take it to the track cause your going to fast on the street lol. Remember there's always engine braking too for steep hills, there's no pad or rotor out there that loves fighting gravity.

Edit: Oh and don't forget braided brake lines, some say they're nonsense but I'm a believer. If you're looking for bite at the top of the pedal then you should pick up a set, bleed the system and see how it feels. Cost wouldn't be over $60 with brake lines, tools and fluid included. Worth a shot if looking to do something more budgeted rn.
        Last edited by vtechnik; 02-13-2018, 02:56 AM.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

I like Pagid brand but can't say they are better than original BMW. I always pay attention to bedding the pads. I am happy with stock type pads and a good bleed but my car doesn't get on the track. The initial bite of quality stock type pads is excellent.
          Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

I don't know about the most recent chassis generations, but as far as I'm aware BMW OE pads have typically been either Jurid or Pagid.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=247074

before doing that ^ make sure your brakes are up to spec and there's no air in the system. So to recap:

1. Replace if necessary
              2. Bleed, Bleed, Bleed
              3. Adjust pedal

I take spirited drives quite often and I never find myself thinking; "man I wish I had bigger brakes". If that's what you're asking. If you find yourself asking that question a lot, you need to review the 3 above or take it to the track cause your going to fast on the street lol. Remember there's always engine braking too for steep hills, there's no pad or rotor out there that loves fighting gravity.

Edit: Oh and don't forget braided brake lines, some say they're nonsense but I'm a believer. If you're looking for bite at the top of the pedal then you should pick up a set, bleed the system and see how it feels. Cost wouldn't be over $60 with brake lines, tools and fluid included. Worth a shot if looking to do something more budgeted rn.

I replaced the lines with Stainless lines already, but the brakes are so shot it really doesn’t make a difference. Hopefully I’ll be really happy with just all new rotors and pads, it will be a huge improvement from where they are now no doubt.

Comment

Ate, Pagid, Jurid & Textar are all OE or equivalents and are reliable all around pads. I've been using Akebono ceramics lately which work well and produce less dust.
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                  Ate, Pagid, Jurid & Textar are all OE or equivalents and are reliable all around pads. I've been using Akebono ceramics lately which work well and produce less dust.
                  I like Akebono for street pads too. I have them on my touring now, and used them on my E36 318is.

Almost any street pad is going to have great initial bite. Stay away from track type pads, those need to warm up to work.

Comment

Working...
                  X