Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Does the Oil Level Sensor Plug Into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Does the Oil Level Sensor Plug Into?

Got it back from the shop and noticed that it's unplugged. I can't seem to find where to plug this thing in. Thanks all.

Pics, just in case:

Originally posted by badguise View Post
    Got it back from the shop and noticed that it's unplugged. I can't seem to find where to plug this thing in. Thanks all.

Pics, just in case:

https://i.imgur.com/LgUjoeD.jpg

There should be an electrical connection near there, I think it’s attached to a plastic clip that’s held to another electrical loom.... look just above the oil level sensor.... unless someone cut the wires and wrapped them up, you should be able to find the unconnected end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Originale30 View Post
      There should be an electrical connection near there, I think itÂ’s attached to a plastic clip thatÂ’s held to another electrical loom.... look just above the oil level sensor.... unless someone cut the wires and wrapped them up, you should be able to find the unconnected end
      Thanks for the info. I'm not seeing any connection that the oil level sensor plug could reach, but there is a bundle of cables dangling somewhat nearby that I can't ID. Tough to get a picture, but here it is:

What would I need to do to reconnect it (if that's even where it goes)? The 'Engine Oil' light is driving me mad!

Comment

Originally posted by badguise View Post
        Thanks for the info. I'm not seeing any connection that the oil level sensor plug could reach, but there is a bundle of cables dangling somewhat nearby that I can't ID. Tough to get a picture, but here it is:

What would I need to do to reconnect it (if that's even where it goes)? The 'Engine Oil' light is driving me mad!

Not sure exactly what that harness leads to from the pics, on an early Eta I know the harness that leads to the alternator also has a sub harness that comes off it and connects to the oil level sensor, if you don’t find a connector around there you need to start peeling back electrical tape/loom and find the cut connector wiring.

Comment

Wow. That’s what an e30 looks like with out an oil leak![emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Originale30 View Post
            Not sure exactly what that harness leads to from the pics, on an early Eta I know the harness that leads to the alternator also has a sub harness that comes off it and connects to the oil level sensor, if you don’t find a connector around there you need to start peeling back electrical tape/loom and find the cut connector wiring.
            Yeesh. Why can't it ever be simple?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X