Just bought a z3 coupe and wanted to tell someone so yeah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BaltimoreBimmer View Post
    Oh man. That's nuts. The asking prices on those things are RIDICULOUS. Like 30k for a hella high mileaged one! I sometimes wish my shoe was an S54, but I've convinced myself it's more practical (but mostly affordable) to have a 3.0 to half daily drive (splitting time with the e30 vert for daily lol). I love how even though these cars are super rare, the parts they use are shared with not super rare cars so there is no price premium.

Practical........like having an e30 vert and a clownshoe for my only two cars. Totally practical...right guys?? :razz:

Not sure what tires to get for this car as the ones on it are hella old...
    Yeah I got SUPER lucky with my M Coupe...I bought my S54 coupe for $20k, but it came with a HUGE laundry list of aftermarket parts (TC Kline Coilovers, UUC LTW flywheel/clutch, S3.46LSD, Euro headers, Tune, and a few other nice parts).

And agreed. Everything on the clownshoe is stupid cheap compared to other machines in it's generation (E46 M3, E39 M5). Complete brake job can be done for about $400 in parts. I owned an E46 M3 prior to my clown, and it would have cost me $1,200 just in parts...the mark up is so stupid.

Meh, might not be the most practical cars, but I wouldnt wanna drive anything else
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Clownshoes have a hatch = practical. right? haha thats what I kept trying to tell my wife
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Love it. Love the style 42s, wouldn't change a thing.
        i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Interior looks amazing!
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

thanks for the kind words guys. The interior is nuts and I am reluctant to even sit in it haha.

any input on tires for this bad boy? Checked the sizes on tire rack and there are a ton of options.... Although I will never drive this in the snow, I am thinking all seasons simply as a means of insurance in case my e30 breaks down and I need to get to work in the poor weather.

Regardless there are tons of options and I have no idea how I am supposed to pick them.

My sizes are 225/45R17 up front and 245/40R17 in the rear, so lots of choices.

Comment

Had my car up on the lift yesterday and put the rim with the straightening markings on the balancer. It is still slightly bent but it roadforces ok... well it's in the yellow but not red. Still too many p values for my taste. I've decided I'm going to grab two Style 42s off a 5 series (with the deeper lip) and put them on the rear, then put my two rears on the front. I think that will look pretty nice. There happen to be two cars at the junkyard with these rims on them. But they have been there for 2 weeks so I highly doubt they are still there. WIll be heading over this saturday to hopefully score some easy rims. Otherwise they are a bit more expensive online.....

Comment

Thats a good idea
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I always liked these, especially the M versions . Nice pickup !

You can always swap a v8 in there ;)
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

WIll be heading over this saturday to hopefully score some easy rims. Otherwise they are a bit more expensive online.....
                    No dice. The rims were all scooped up. Although I did grab a 6 cd changer to put into my trunk. In the coupe it's opposite the harmon kardon subwoofer. Used to have a blank panel, now I have a cd change.....

yay

seriously considering purchasing 2 deeper dished style 42s off ebay.... looks like 100 bucks a pop is the low price on them

Also....I'm having serious problems here. I want to make this my DD but I just cant stomach it lol. It stays cooped up in the garage whenver it's wet or windy outside. Recenetly have had some absurd windage going on here. Downed trees and such. I love this car, but shit....maybe I should have picked up a less pristine one so I could actually drive it. Am I being ridiculous?

Comment

No dice. The rims were all scooped up. Although I did grab a 6 cd changer to put into my trunk. In the coupe it's opposite the harmon kardon subwoofer. Used to have a blank panel, now I have a cd change.....

yay

seriously considering purchasing 2 deeper dished style 42s off ebay.... looks like 100 bucks a pop is the low price on them

Also....I'm having serious problems here. I want to make this my DD but I just cant stomach it lol. It stays cooped up in the garage whenver it's wet or windy outside. Recenetly have had some absurd windage going on here. Downed trees and such. I love this car, but shit....maybe I should have picked up a less pristine one so I could actually drive it. Am I being ridiculous?
                      Naw, that feeling is shared. But honestly just drive it and enjoy.
                      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
                      X