My 1990 BMW 320 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1990 BMW 320 Touring

After two plus years without a BMW I finally have my hands on a 320 Touring. It's super cool too to own a touring too. I've always wanted one and I was lucky to find one from a guy who had it as his "weekend" car. Truthfully he told me through my Polish buddy who did all the talking that the car has been garaged and never driven in the rain for as long as he has owned it. AWESOME. The car does need some work, but for now it's fine. Here it is:

I'm amp'd on this new to me touring. I have a bunch of maintenance stuff I need to do soon, before the winter sets in: coolant hoses, vacuum line hoses, fluids (tranny, dif, motor), reverse light switch, center console lights, replace valve cover gasket, steam clean engine bay and under carriage. These things should keep me busy for the next few weekends.

If you live in Warsaw, Poland or you are heading this way drop me a line. I'm looking forward to meeting the local crew here in Warsaw.

Glad to be a real part of the group now.

Cheers,

Evan

Photo UPDATE: September 25, 2011

Turned out to be a beautiful day here in Warsaw and had to take the Touring out for a sping. Met up with Thornado328i and ripped some country roads not too far outside of town. Only bummer was the amount of cyclist also out. Took some GoPro video as well, but haven't done an edit yet. Soon. I reviewed the footage and it looks great.

Here are a few photos I took today. Enjoy.

I love this touring and with the 2.7L it actually accelerates now.
    Last edited by evanc; 09-26-2011, 05:11 AM. Reason: Adding more photos...
    1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
    1990 BMW 327 Touring

I Envy you. sick whip.
    www.CASTROMOTORSPORT.com

Castro Motorsport
    12600 Sherman Way, Unit C
    North Hollywood, CA 91605
    818-765-3606

Follow Castro's on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Castro...02411516506828

Follow Castro's on Instagram:
    http://instagram.com/castromotorsport#

sigpic

Comment

I miss my 320i. :(

Nice car you have there though. I am envious.
      Last edited by Nairb; 08-26-2010, 03:20 PM.
      My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Like the touring dislike the m20b20 as it's such a lack luster engine. Look fowardto seeing it all cleaned up.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

great pickup evan - lokks very clean - do the maintenance and ejnoy e30!!!!
          ///Cracov Lans Squad///

Comment

Welcome!

I've never seen those wheels before, I like them a lot. What are they?

Comment

Welcome. I love the wheels! They look great!

Comment

Nice wheels....they're Melbers right?

Comment

fuck yes.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                  i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. It's good to be a participant on the forum instead of wishing I was. I'm not entirely sure about the maker of the wheels, but they could very well be Melbers. I'll see if I can make out the imprint on the wheel under the coat of rust and black paint.

Thanks for all the contact info Wiechu. One of these weekends I'll have to drive down to Krakow to meet up with you guys.

When there is some nice weather I'll get some more detailed shots.
                    1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                    1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Welcome! My mom's b/f just got back from visiting his pop's in Krakow...told me that he saw a bunch of beat of E30's :(

What's it like to own one over there?
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah man, there are a ton of hella beat e30s, but there are also some very clean, heavily modded cars as well.

I haven't met any of the local guys here in Warsaw yet, but hoping to meet up soon.

I'll be sure to post photos when I meet up with them.

Poland is a cool country and is the only country aside from Germany to post any economic growth last year.

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                        Welcome! My mom's b/f just got back from visiting his pop's in Krakow...told me that he saw a bunch of beat of E30's :(

What's it like to own one over there?
                        1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                        1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Nice ride there my friend :)
                          Welcome to the forum :D
                          Originally posted by ISB E30
                          I give the fuck up, Norway wins.
                          :D

Comment

Thanks man. Needs some work, but I've got the whole winter to fix stuff!

Originally posted by HowieE30 View Post
                            Nice ride there my friend :)
                            Welcome to the forum :D
                            1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                            1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Spring in Warsaw

Whad up fellas.

Just took my car out of the garage after having not driven it since October. The snow and rain here in Poland just does bad things to cars, but I'm preachin to the choir for all of you who live on the East Coast. I grew up in the Bay Area so this is all new and not fun.

Fuel is freakin expensive now at $6.67 Gallon. My touring is strickly a weekend car now. Way too expensive to drive to work when I can use a bus pass for the month at a fraction of the cost of filling up my tank.

Last weekend a fellow e30 enthusiast, tornado327i, and I met up to talk shop. His car is still in storage 40km outside of town, but he took a few photos of my car. Nothing too flattering, but looks pretty good.

It was a grey day on Sunday and a bit cold, BUT no SNOW!

I'm stoked to see my e30 again :)

Laters,

Evan
                              Last edited by evanc; 04-10-2012, 12:47 PM.
                              1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                              1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Working...
                              X