Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eskimo810 View Post
    I want a touring. I want a touring bad.

Good luck with that rust, I hope that's the only major infection you have. I know what it's like, rust on cars is inevitable unless they're garaged all winter and washed frequently.

BTW, gas is about $3.95-$4.00/gallon in Vermont.
    Yeah the rust is a bit of a bitch and I can only imagine what is "lurking" under the rocker panels and rear arches. I kinda don't want to know right now otherwise I start stressing over it.

You live in Vermont and know all too well what a winter can do to a car! I grew up in California and always read about harsh winters but I see it first hand with my touring :( but it's still a super fun car and don't have any plans to part with it. I have to say that the 2.7L I had installed last year is good fun, but it drinks fuel like no tomorrow! Used to drive to work everyday, but at the end of month I was broke :( so now I just cruise nice days.
    1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
    1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Fuel Efficiency: Not Good

15.38L / 100km = BANK

Yikes! Guess that's what you get when you have a 2.7 litre in a touring. I'm wondering how much fuel other tourings burn with 2.5s or 2.7s? Hmmmm... It also doesn't help that I'm running a 4.22 diff.
      1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
      1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

I would think that you could get a good body guy over there at a fraction the cost. Is your income in dollars or zloties? American company? I was pondering the move over there, but my wife got scared. Maybe someday... Sanok is a cool place. Ever been down there?

Comment

Originally posted by polska View Post
          I would think that you could get a good body guy over there at a fraction the cost. Is your income in dollars or zloties? American company? I was pondering the move over there, but my wife got scared. Maybe someday... Sanok is a cool place. Ever been down there?
          The body work can be done for a fraction, but the quality is what's hard to find. I met a guy with a 1502 that had his car in the body shop for a year and it was still hella rusty underneath.

I work for the American School of Warsaw. Our salary is part dollars and part Zloty. You should move over here, especially if you speak Polish. The economy is doing better than at home and you could make the American dream happen in Poland ;) At least as an educator that's what I've had to do. The quality of life as a teacher at home is just wrong and every year they ask you to do more and then cut your pay. Oh the life a public educator in North America.... I haven't been to Sanok. I'll have to look it up and take a road trip down there. You ever get over here? If you come to Warsaw I could show you around and we can cruise in the touring!
          1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
          1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Love IT MAN!!! tourings rule!
            90 Merc Gaelendewagen
            91 Alpine White M-technic 4-door
            91 calypsorot M-technic S52 coupe
            91 Silver M-technic 2 Cabrio
            84 Alpina B6 #25/250
            86 Zino BBS coupe
            86 Schwartz 535i
            88 Alpineweis M3
            88 Alpineweis M3

Comment

Ok, might take you up on that... I'm in Poland at least once a year.
              Sanok is pretty awesome if you want to drive some great roads and get away from people. The town is pretty small but really nice square.
              Hard to compare economies... I don't make a lot of money, but have it pretty good here. But then, I'd have it pretty good anywhere. I hustle.
              If I were in Poland though, I'd definitely think about starting a self-serve car wash. Not only for your car ;), roads will make your car dirty in 10 minutes. But the shitty roads make driving a lot more fun. Last time I was there we had 2 feet of snow and nothing gets plowed. And match that with cobbled roads... I had a rental Fiesta that took a good floggin.

Comment

Finally a radio that works...

So you might think I'm crazy to put a stock stereo back into my touring, but I'd like to only put OEM parts back on with the exception of wheels, suspension and exhaust.

I'm electrically challenged, but with the help of other postings here I was able to get it working. I still have to put in the security code every time, but that's a minor inconvenience to not having music at all!

While I was home over the summer I picked up a BMWCCA grill badge. Reppin in Warsaw!

I need to finish my 2002 which is STILL at the body shop, so no real work is going to happen on the touring anytime soon unfortunately.
                1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Wow. It's been a long time since I posted on this thread and as summer approaches I start to think back to my fond memories from the last few road trips I've taken in my touring. The first longish road trip was with my mom up to the Polish seaside (Gdansk, Hel and Sopot) and then back south to Bolesławiec to buy Polish Pottery before leaving Poland. Then an immediate bomber of a trip around Germany, Austria, Switzerland, etc... followed by a similar trip last Summer with one of my best buddies from growing up.

I've got random photos of all three trips and I'll start to post them up here and the other thread I have "Touring Europe in a Touring".

Here are a few photos I just shared on the Touring sub forum:

Now that I live in Uzbekistan and have given up on the idea of having a BMW here, I'm on the hunt for a 2102 Lada Wagon! Cheap as chips and parts are EVERYWHERE.

Cheers!
                  Last edited by evanc; 06-05-2018, 04:37 AM.
                  1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                  1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Back to the where it all started!

Last edited by evanc; 06-05-2018, 04:36 AM.
                    1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                    1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

A throwback to my first tour in the touring to the Nurburgring in June 2016. Caught perfect weather on both trips with the touring. That was lucky.

The very first time I went to the ring it was raining and we rented a Renault Clio; paid 350 euro for 6 laps, fuel, lap fees and insurance with a 4,000 euro deductible.

Didn't manage to get any photos of us driving, but did catch this Jag getting fishy in front of us as he passed us!
                      1970 BMW 2002 w/M20b25
                      1990 BMW 327 Touring

Comment

Working...
                      X