No announcement yet.

One does not simply walk into 4door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car looks nice, I'm jealous of your taillights! Props on the 135 too, my dad recently picked up an 08 135msport but unfortunately it's auto...it's still quick though!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

Wow, solid transformation. Great work.

Comment

Your car is off to a great start, I’m subscribed to see where it goes.
        -Thomas
        08 NHBP Acura TL Type S DD

91 AW 318i new to me as of 1/25/2016
        Bone Stock

01 LSB M3
        Engine:BMC Filter, Samco Arm, SP Engineering Air Scoop
        Suspension: Status Gruppe SRS Coilovers Kit 7kg/8kg, AKG 85A FCAB & 90A RTAB, Rogue Front Strut Tower Reinforcement, Rogue Rear Spring Perch Reinforcement, Turner Rear Shock Tower Reinforcement
        Brakes:Cool Carbon Pads, StopTech Lines
        Exterior:Bosch OEM Amber Corners, Depo Smoked Turn Signals, Matte Grills and Kidneys

Comment

Originally posted by alas View Post
          Looking good so far! Can't wait to see what's next. Keep it up.

-E
          Originally posted by stonea View Post
          Great thread title and great looking car
          Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
          Wow, solid transformation. Great work.
          Originally posted by Taco Sauce View Post
          Your car is off to a great start, I’m subscribed to see where it goes.
          -Thomas
          Thanks all, it's really good to get some great feedback and support!

Originally posted by alas View Post
          Will you sell your weaves?

-E
          Maybe, but if I can find somewhere to store them I may hold onto them for a bit, but I will keep you posted for sure.

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
          Car looks nice, I'm jealous of your taillights! Props on the 135 too, my dad recently picked up an 08 135msport but unfortunately it's auto...it's still quick though!
          Haha thanks man.
          Ahh the 135, it's a bit of a diva, but been good so far. Its a 2011 msport auto with the performance powerkit, and that's as much action as it's ever gonna see, lol.
          Transaction Feedback

Comment

These came in today.
            Shocks due in tomorrow.
            Thanks again to MrSlacker, if anyone is on the market for Bilstein + H&R he's got some pretty good prices, plus I got my kit within 3 days, he's got some good deals on BC coils too.

Last edited by TriniBoy; 04-27-2018, 11:28 AM.
            Transaction Feedback

Comment

Great, thanks!

Nice new H&R's! Can't wait to see them on.

-E
              -ALaS

Comment

nice find man! car is looking great already. btw did you happen to sale the wing already? iv been looking for one for my ix. if so pm me thanks.

Comment

I can see this car is in really good hands. You have good taste.

1986 325e - RIP
                  1987 528e - Sold
                  1989 325iX - Parted Out
                  1991 318iS - Sold
                  1991 325iS - Current

Comment

Originally posted by Erikvarela88 View Post
                    nice find man! car is looking great already. btw did you happen to sale the wing already? iv been looking for one for my ix. if so pm me thanks.
                    Thank you. Yep the wing sold last year, but I saw it's now back up for sale http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=379788 passed through a couple hands in the last few months, but I don't think it was ever mounted.

Originally posted by Colby.325e View Post
                    I can see this car is in really good hands. You have good taste.
                    Thank you sir. Much appreciated.
                    Transaction Feedback

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only sedan in SW Florida, although yours is much cleaner! where did you get all the body and paintwork done at?
                      1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                      2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                      2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Originally posted by redsubdivisions View Post
                        Glad to see I'm not the only sedan in SW Florida, although yours is much cleaner! where did you get all the body and paintwork done at?
                        Thanks man, do you have a build going? The work was done by Eliot's Autowerks just off the 75 heading to MIA
                        Transaction Feedback

Comment

At the back of my mind, I thought, “It’s been a little while since you’ve updated this thread.”
                          But no way did I think 2 years!
                          it’s funny how time just passes by when life happens… I guess it does just take a toll at times.

A lot’s happened in the last 2 years, some good some not so good and some great!

I had the best of intentions to update as I made progress, but with the ebbs and flows, mixed with all this photobucket malarkey I just never found the time.

Luckily I took some photos along the way, and I just finished moving all the old photos over to flikr, so I’ll try to do a recap over the last 26 months…

So what’s happened to the E30…

I installed the Bilstein Sports + H&R Super Sports and mounted the Hartge Reps in the form of ESM-003R 16x8 ET20 up front and 16x9 ET15 at the rear, wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports 205/45 and 215/45.

If I’m honest with myself, I’m not 100% happy with the reps, but it’s a means to an end, until I can pony up the cash for something I really want.

After fitting, the guys took it for a test ride.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBPsr6I5Es

Last edited by TriniBoy; 05-12-2018, 09:55 AM.
                          Transaction Feedback

Comment

I then had a bright idea to go the route of a turbo.
                            Again, keeping with the theme of being honest with myself, in my heart of hearts I knew a turbo project isn’t what I wanted for this car, but you live and you learn…

Started a trip down the turbo road…

Transaction Feedback

Comment

I knew it would be a long road, so I figured I’d buy a car I always wanted to keep me smiling throughout the process, and also not go too crazy, because there were some other goals I needed to focus on…

Gotta love the MK IV .:R32

Transaction Feedback

Comment

The turbo project was coming along nicely...

But all the while this project was going, I kept my eyes out for an S50/S52, because I knew that’s what I really wanted…
                                As always is the case, when you want one, you could never really find one close by, and if you do, it’s way out of the price range that it should be. I think that’s probably the reason I went with the turbo.

But as luck would have it, a member on r3v popped up not too far from me, and he was doing an LS swap on his 115k mile 95 M3. Before he pulled the motor, I had the chance to test it, the motor pulled strong and the tranny was smooth, and the price was a steal… so I figured this is it!

The M20 turbo didn’t even make it to its first start… Enter the S50

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X