Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R3v talk me out of/into getting a 4.4l E53 X5.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
    There is an estoril blue 4.6is for sale on bf.c right now.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...n-Estroil-Blue
    Damn, thats sexy...

How bad is the MPG on the V8s?

I already told my wife that we will upgrade her SUV eventually so Im trying to have a gameplan ready. I was thinking of the Diesels though, but Im stupid like that
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

well, it's not good - we get like 13. Freeway isn't much better.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
        Why no m54?

My family had an e53 with the 3L m54. I loved that thing. I would for the i6 if i ever were to get one.

I’ve just heard about too many automatic trans failures for that model. Similar to e46/e39 m5X automatic trans failures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
          There is an estoril blue 4.6is for sale on bf.c right now.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...n-Estroil-Blue

That’s really nice, wish it was in my price range :broke:

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            well, it's not good - we get like 13. Freeway isn't much better.

:yikes: that’s pretty bad...

Comment

I loved my 4.6 e53 until everything started breaking. Under 100k or recently had it's entire Vanos rebuilt is my recommendation.

I got 13-14 mpg under all conditions.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                :yikes: that’s pretty bad...

yeah, my E90 will go double the miles on a tank that's 6 gallons smaller.

I got 19mpg once, but that was like an 8 hour, all highway trip.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

that is absolutely terrible!....

No V8 X5 in my future
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

FFS 13-14mpg, a 200 series Landcruiser gets about 15-17 on long hwy runs and 13ish in town and its got a 396HP 5.7L V8, weighs 1000lbs more turning all 4 wheels all the time as well .....
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

I also always vote Rob
                      sigpic

Comment

Worried about reliability, asks about V8 BMW.

That's beyond hysterical.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          FFS 13-14mpg, a 200 series Landcruiser gets about 15-17 on long hwy runs and 13ish in town and its got a 396HP 5.7L V8, weighs 1000lbs more turning all 4 wheels all the time as well .....
                          My E82 gets shit mileage, probably my right foot though.
                          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            Worried about reliability, asks about V8 BMW.

That's beyond hysterical.
                            Seriously. The Japanese car is too unreliable? Let's get a newer BMW instead!

Get a one of those Lexus RX models and be done with it.

Comment

I thought my is350 was bad on prem gas. Then I saw what a 3.0 BMW consumes and now I don't feel so bad.
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                My E82 gets shit mileage, probably my right foot though.
                                300+ HP, Twin Scrolly, highish r3vy spiny bits and bobs, in a small chassis, that is to be expected when piloted with vim and vigor, and dash of enthusiasm on a consistent baisis .

Big lazy SUV, for transport of gear, provisions and offspring to and fro, from various social engagements no matter the terrain and climatical adversities, should be more economical for such a small utility vehicle with such a large locomotion generator. Das wifes big dumb under tuned 4.0l V6 in a similar sized unit gets 17ave mixed rural/urban driving, and we have seen 21 on extended cruising excursions

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post

Get a one of those Lexus RX models and be done with it.
                                thats a highlander with a trim package and badges. save coin buy the highlander. Only Lexus SUV I could recommend over the Yota variant is a GX as they take the T4R the last 5%-6% (build/parts wise) of the way to a Prado landcruiser (120 or 150 depending on 4.6 or 4.7 power) and is a luxed up v8 T4R
                                Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-26-2018, 01:59 PM.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X