No announcement yet.

Garagistic delrin subframe and RTAB bushings + subframe reinforcements-AVOID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garagistic delrin subframe and RTAB bushings + subframe reinforcements-AVOID

Like the title says, I bought pretty much the ENTIRE garagistic catalogue for my car regarding bushings, even some shifter bushings. NOTHING has fit, period. The subframe reinforcement plates don't like up properly and had to be heavily modified, some such as the rear strut tower reinforcement platers don't even work as they literally cover the bolt holes for the struts and there isn't even have enough material to drill holes for them...

The delrin subframe bushings are WAY over tolerance and will not go into the subframe period...The Delrin RTABS can't even get the aluminum sleeve to insert into the bushings OUT of the trialing arm...I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried the same method everyone uses as far as drawing the bushings together in the trailing arm, and all I did was successfully strip a grade 8 bolt in the process, destroy the bushing, and succeed in getting it so stuck in the trailing arm due to it being over sized that I honestly have no idea how I am going to get it out now...

How any company can release a series of products like this is well beyond me. I had one of my mechanic buddies double check everything and work with me because I honestly thought it was just me, but it honestly is not.

Even going back to the shifter bushings and shift carrier bushing I bought form them, they all had to be modified significantly to get to work...WTF

Learn from my mistakes and do not waste a good amount of money on garbage products.

I see you aren't open to the possibility you are doing something wrong, when everything you were sent does not appear to fit or work, and other people on the internet do not share the same issues you do...

Did you contact Garagistic before posting?

Aren't you the guy who had issues just dropping your subframe?

Comment

No photos and no proof. No actual measurements. Just words written in a fairly aggressive manner.

Thread should be deleted. Not really fair on garagistic. Even if there are issues at least give them a chance to rectify before carrying on like a child on the internet

Comment

Another one? :popcorn:

Comment

Is that possible that the shop that tried to install the parts is incompetent? Not blaming them, but they are part of the equation. A few pictures and measurements would have helped too. ;-)
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I spec'd everything out with a good dial caliper. They were indeed off. To garagistic's credit, they sent me a new set based on actual measurements, but it is too late. I already installed a set of condor speed shop bushings with ZERO issue...I think what they did was make delrin bushings at the same specs that they do their poly that have at least a little give. Their delrin bushings did not and when they were out of spec there was no chance of them pressing in. Before anyone wants to bash me for posting my experience, you might want to look into who has actually installed the aforementioned parts.

If someone wants to send me a link, or post one for that matter, of someone that actually has installed or reviewed their delrin bushings (not poly), I would love to see it. As far as I can tell, no one is installing them and there aren't even any reviews on their own site for them...On top of that, none of their reinforcement plates properly lined up...All they had to do was advertise them as a rough cut set and I probably wouldn't be as annoyed...I can literally produce my own off a friend's CNC machine, so if I had known before hand I would have made my own.

Comment

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
              I spec'd everything out with a good dial caliper. They were indeed off. To garagistic's credit, they sent me a new set based on actual measurements, but it is too late. I already installed a set of condor speed shop bushings with ZERO issue...I think what they did was make delrin bushings at the same specs that they do their poly that have at least a little give. Their delrin bushings did not and when they were out of spec there was no chance of them pressing in. Before anyone wants to bash me for posting my experience, you might want to look into who has actually installed the aforementioned parts.

If someone wants to send me a link, or post one for that matter, of someone that actually has installed or reviewed their delrin bushings (not poly), I would love to see it. As far as I can tell, no one is installing them and there aren't even any reviews on their own site for them...On top of that, none of their reinforcement plates properly lined up...All they had to do was advertise them as a rough cut set and I probably wouldn't be as annoyed...I can literally produce my own off a friend's CNC machine, so if I had known before hand I would have made my own.
              Lol. That actually doesn't make sense.... You're welding in reinforcement plates that say "will require trimming and welding", yet you expect it to be clean.

Also if you knew how to produce them yourself using a CNC machine, I doubt you would be making this entire thread, to rant, about metal plates......

I understand the frustration with derlin bushings and having issues with fitment, but the company helped as much as they could, or as much as you were willing to let them.

Comment

Working...
              X