No announcement yet.

PnP Megasquirt Systems - Updated 2/16, Pricing Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you still doing the kits? i send you a mail last week.

Comment

Bump! Gotta be about taking orders by now no?

Comment

got mine a couple months ago. put in your order and be patient. you'll get it. well worth the wait if you want a single source for all components. the wait on mine was a couple/few months
        1988 325is 237k

Comment

Derek,

Would you be interested in doing a MS PNP box for my '88 M5 Dinan turbo? Nobody seems to do them for the early Motronic cars, just the late ones. A fella on MyE28 used to sell an adapter from MS2 to the early Motronic DME connectors, but I don't believe he's doing it anymore :/
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Going strong in 2018?
            sigpic
            Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

Originally posted by evoDRichie View Post
              Going strong in 2018?
              I don't think he makes them any longer.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

I emailed him and he got right back to me. I believe he's doing another run of them right now.

support@dedericms.com
                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                  I emailed him and he got right back to me. I believe he's doing another run of them right now.

support@dedericms.com
                  Is he accepting orders?

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
                    Is he accepting orders?

As of January 18:

Originally posted by BigD View Post

I am running a group buy right now, if you visit my website www.dedericms.com you can see everything that you get. Some accessories have been updated, but for the most part it’s the same. It also comes with a base tune so most of your settings will be correctly set from the get go, just not tuned for your specific setup. The only difference with the one on my website and the one you will get is that the one you ill get will be setup for wasted spark.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                      As of January 18:
                      I missed that post, do you have a link? BigD? His new username?

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
                        I missed that post, do you have a link? BigD? His new username?
                        No I was just joking about the "BigD" because his name is Derek. That's what he emailed me. Just email him.

support@dedericms.com

Comment

I've read through various megasquirt threads with no results to what I am looking for.

My apologies to group / forum if this is not the correct place for this question... since Dederic Motorsport is MIA (website, email, phone calls etc).

It's almost been 2 years since I have installed a KAMOTORS turbo system on my E34... using one of the Dederic Motorsport ECU's.

The car's running fine... the ECU is fine, but I have a question about Launch Control. I misplaced my installation instructions, but saw the sticker on the side of the ECU (about Pin 40 for Launch Control).

http://fkh161.ca/BMW/DMSsmall.jpg

Grounding that pin does nothing (after enabling Launch control in Tuner Studio). I'm hoping I'm just missing a step.

Hope that someone has been-there-done-that.

Thanks!

Thomas... back to searching some more! :)

Comment

Hey Thomas,

Luckily I also had the same problem a while back and I have the solution for you! The older boards are missing a trace from the Schottky diode. You'll need to solder in a jumper wire on the board as pictured here. Then you should be seeing 5v at pin 40, and when you ground it, LC will be enabled. FLEX is the correct input for your TunerStudio settings. Happy 2-step!

Board versions up to v1.3 was missing a trace between the 4 diodes above the DMS logo and pin 40. This was corrected on v1.4. You will need to place a jumper between that diode pad and pin 40 to activate the switch input circuit, as shown in yellow in the picture:

[/url]

This should be the Blk-Gry wire on the black 4-pin (missing two) auxiliary connector, paired with a white 4-pin, about 6-12 inches away from the main wire harness 55-pin connector. Pin 40 goes to black-grey (oe use: a/c pressure sw), and p41 goes to vio-gray (oe use: a/c control sw). These are repurposed for switch inputs. Ground to activate, and set the correct setting in tunerstudio.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Thank you very much!!!!

I'm about to install my exhaust cutout... so this will be perfect timing to get LC working.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just compared with my board V1.2, seems different. [emoji3525] Green circle is the only visible jumper that I can see.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X