M52 swap Charcoal canister connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52 swap Charcoal canister connection?

Morning my dudes. Part way through my m52 swap but I've got my e30 charcoal canister in the engine bay and I'm not sure where it connects to on the m52 manifold or engine. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

You don't need it. The evap system replaces it on 24v engines but you don't need this either.

Comment

If you're going to connect it, and you're running OBDII, it would connect to the purge valve.

It's been awhile since I've looked at mine, but the purge valve has a 2 wire connector from the harness. Then there is one hose from the intake I believe, then the outlet hose goes to the canister.
      -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
      '95 525iT
      '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
      '98 Disco 1

Comment

My car still has mine, but I want to get rid of it. Anything specific I need to do? I'm most concerned about what to do at the rear of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by mindspin311 View Post
          My car still has mine, but I want to get rid of it. Anything specific I need to do? I'm most concerned about what to do at the rear of the car.
          Just cut the hose that comes down from the tank. In euro models the berather hose from tank just ends there.

Part number 12. It's really just piece of hose that is open to air.

Comment

I currently have a small filter on the the hard pipe that would go to the canister and i'm getting code P0443. I've read adding a 1k resistor will eliminate it but keep that in mind when cutting the wires.

Also i'm not sure what fuel rail your running but if you went with the m50 like me and got rid of the 3/2-way valve this will also through a code (P1145), haven't figured out how to eliminate that one yet.

Just something to think about when getting rid of that stuff.
            /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Working...
            X