Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young grasshopper has so much to learn... :) Put the front of the car on jack stands as tall as you can go. It will help wiggle the bubbles forward and up. And why would anyone drill a hole in the thermostat, when there's a bleed screw right there?

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I work on bmw’s for a living, and am always amazed by people that have issues bleeding the coolant system. My go-to method that works every time: From empty, pull out the bleeder screw completely, stick a funnel that fits tight to the opening in the coolant bottle, and fill the system with coolant until you see it start to come out the bleeder hole. Once that happens, switch to water and keep filling the funnel with the bleeder open until you don’t see any air bubbles coming out for 10 seconds straight. Let the funnel empty until you can take it out, then replace the bleeder screw, and you’re bled. Don’t even need to run the car for this.

On e30’s, there’s a couple problem areas that can cause issues with bleeding. The vent return to the coolant bottle often gets clogged, just take it off the radiator and blow into it to free it up. The bleeder opening on the thermostat can get filled with corrosion too, pull the screw out completely and stick an uncoiled paper clip in the hole to open it up again.
      Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

Same here, worked on BMW's/audis/mercedes, never had an issue bleeding the cooling system but I get how it can be frustrating, the bleeder screw removal works great. If you have an air compressor handy and a cooling system air lock tool you will never have air in the system again, save yourself some time and check for leaks at the same time.

Comment

Well SpeedVentures Autocross went well today. Saw Kevan (Chilezen) there in his E30. He inspired me to bang the revlimiter and I never realized what I was missing in life until I did that. Had a lot of fun, car had no cooling system issues. Was getting used to the Falken Azenis, they're great tires. And trying to left foot brake.

Then while heading back home my water pump/alternator belt snapped on the freeway . Nothing I could do about it so I called AAA and luckily they didn't take very long. Kevan and his crew saw me on their way back and offered me food so that was cool (thanks! :up:). So I need to get that taken care of, too bad that belt is behind all the others.

And now I'm home getting ready to shower because it was really hot in the car today and my AC doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by sileighty View Post
            Well SpeedVentures Autocross went well today. Saw Kevan (Chilezen) there in his E30. He inspired me to bang the revlimiter and I never realized what I was missing in life until I did that. Had a lot of fun, car had no cooling system issues. Was getting used to the Falken Azenis, they're great tires. And trying to left foot brake.

Then while heading back home my water pump/alternator belt snapped on the freeway . Nothing I could do about it so I called AAA and luckily they didn't take very long. Kevan and his crew saw me on their way back and offered me food so that was cool (thanks! :up:). So I need to get that taken care of, too bad that belt is behind all the others.

And now I'm home getting ready to shower because it was really hot in the car today and my AC doesn't work
            I think I may have seen your car earlier. I was across the way at the kart track with my coworkers, but I spotted a Bronzit e30 at the autocross, maybe with a roof rack? It was definitely toasty out there today!

Comment

Wish I could have made it today. My friend Robert was there in his e30 m3, he was saying there were a bunch of new fast cars there. How was the course?
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
                I think I may have seen your car earlier. I was across the way at the kart track with my coworkers, but I spotted a Bronzit e30 at the autocross, maybe with a roof rack? It was definitely toasty out there today!
                No way! I was watching the karts throughout the day, it looked like fun, even though it looked like it was the slower karts running. I was the Bronzit with no roof rack and missing front valance, Kevan was the roof rack Bronzit.

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                Wish I could have made it today. My friend Robert was there in his e30 m3, he was saying there were a bunch of new fast cars there. How was the course?
                I must have missed him because if I saw an M3 I woulda been all over that. It was apparently the same course as the one during bimmerfest, but someone said that today's course was slower. Fastest time I saw was 47 in a WRX. There was also a very loud and mean looking El Camino. But the people there were still gushing over the E30 that had fastest time during bimmerfest ;)

Thankfully no one had stupid accidents today.

Comment

Anyone have a tow truck guy that picks up shells local to San Fernando valley? Hit me up ASAP thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So where do u guys track your cars? all i know a bout is erwindale every thursday i think but i work can't go.

Comment

Theres Willow Springs... they have both Big Willow & Streets of Willow. Both are a blast
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

What’s up Gents, hoping someone can chime in and help me out.

I’m trying to get to the AC clutch bearing to (hopefully) fix my noisy AC problem but I can’t get the bearing cover off. There’s a 10mm nut in the center but it only rotates the bearing. Does anyone know how to properly take the cover off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just buy a new unit
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Looks like I wrongly diagnosed the problem. Turned out to be the belt being a little too loose. Tightened it back up and kablamo, problem fixed

Comment

Happy Fathers Day to those of you who have successfully reproduced

Currently building a badass coffee table
                              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Are there any other places like BMA Parts near or around Los Angeles area. BMA is great and all but it's a bit out of the way for me if I absolutely need a part the same day. Any other places that you guys can recommend?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X