3rd brake light bracket - 3d print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd brake light bracket - 3d print

Don't know if anyone else has this issue but the expanding rivets on my 3rd brake light holder are cracked and busted. Instead of rigging it up I got bored today and decided to draw the part up in CAD. I have access to a 3d printer and will be printing this part since it's impossible to find. If anyone else needs one let me know. If it fits well I'll print some more for those who need them. Pricing will just be to cover materials and some of my labor.. I'll see how it comes out first.

I may try to do the whole light assembly also and modify the angle for the windshield to fit a std e30, I think there are a bunch of people who have looked for this solution for a regular e30 but not found anything.

What other hard to find plastic parts do you think are needed in the market that could be 3d printed?

Mike

I really hope someone takes the 3D printing by the horns. Wish you the best.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Nice!
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
        I really hope someone takes the 3D printing by the horns. Wish you the best.

Checkout tinkercad.com it's a web based cad program and you can order a 3d print from the program. You can make whatever you want!

Comment

Working...
        X