Honda K24 swap interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KMiata View Post
    Yup, enough people were asking about them so we did some in our next batch of adapter plates.

We should have some machined billet aluminum engine mounts and an aluminum oil pan in the next couple weeks as well.
    YESSSS! I'll be waiting for all of these ;D

Comment

Yup, enough people were asking about them so we did some in our next batch of adapter plates.

We should have some machined billet aluminum engine mounts and an aluminum oil pan in the next couple weeks as well.
      :thankyou:
      Originally posted by blunttech
      Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
      :shock:

Comment

Any updates?
        Hank Ahrens
        1984 Alpine Coupe
        1978 911sc

Comment

This is interesting as an option to replace my tired m42 and maintain weight balance. However the cost and hassle are a deterrent. If a hotter m42 engine could be assembled for ~75% of the cost and achieve ~75% of the power of a K series swap kit, then for the sake of simplicity I'd just keep the m42 in there.

What I really want to see is a 5th gen Honda Prelude rwd K series conversion kit, should be simple enough to figure that out...
          My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
            If a hotter m42 engine could be assembled for ~75% of the cost and achieve ~75% of the power of a K series swap kit, then for the sake of simplicity I'd just keep the m42 in there.
            75% of the power? Aiming low! That's only 150-166hp depending on which K20 variant you use (engines under 200hp excluded). Even then, with M42s being fairly expensive for a 4 cylinder, a 150hp NA build will still cost you a quite a lot for what you're getting.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
              75% of the power? Aiming low! That's only 150-166hp depending on which K20 variant you use (engines under 200hp excluded).
              But also you could build an n/a k24 that makes 300whp for a relatively small sum. Higher power is much more attainable as well.
              Hank Ahrens
              1984 Alpine Coupe
              1978 911sc

Comment

Haters will say it is photoshopped. But it retains AC and powersteering. Just no heat.

Originally posted by Good & Tight
                It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

looks legit to me :shock:

Any word on this? I am counting the days.....

JP
                  1984 533i
                  1984 733i
                  1985 325e
                  1998 M3
                  1998 318ti
                  2008 335i

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
                    Haters will say it is photoshopped. But it retains AC and powersteering. Just no heat.

Amazing. I love it. A/C functions but no heat :rofl:
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

No engine mounts, either, that I can see.

Don't Honda engines spin backwards?

:p

t
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

If anyone is interested someone let the cat out of the bag on R3V favebook where i posted my picture. They put up their Turbo K series in the M3
                        Originally posted by Good & Tight
                        It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

interest has peaked as of late....I wanna see this done

or give it a shot myself
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Hey guys, things are still moving along nicely. Mounts and pan should be done soon. We skipped making rough prototype parts for testing and went straight to making some nice production pieces because we have a lot of confidence in this swap being popular.

We also still have a few K to G260 adapter plates on the shelf for those of you who want to jump in and give it a shot.
                            David Calzada
                            KMiata Inc.
                            KMiata.com

Comment

Honda K24 swap interest?

Hey guys, things are still moving along nicely. Mounts and pan should be done soon. We skipped making rough prototype parts for testing and went straight to making some nice production pieces because we have a lot of confidence in this swap being popular.

We also still have a few K to G260 adapter plates on the shelf for those of you who want to jump in and give it a shot.

do you have a ballpark price on mounts and pan? will we be able to buy just the pan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yesssssss!
                                1984 533i
                                1984 733i
                                1985 325e
                                1998 M3
                                1998 318ti
                                2008 335i

Comment

Working...
                                X