Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good BMW mechanic in Palm Springs, Ca, area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good BMW mechanic in Palm Springs, Ca, area?

Just moved to the Palm Springs area from Honolulu and need some basic maintenance work on my e21. Could probably do it myself but I live in a condo where such work is frowned upon, plus my tools won't arrive for another few weeks. I know I can google and yelp it, but it's always better to hear directly from people who've had factual experience -- if anyone here is familiar with the Coachella Valley area.

Side note: Has anyone heard from fporro lately? Called him the other day and call went directly to message and I haven't heard back. He doesn't owe me money :-) so I'm concerned that he hasn't called back.
    ainadude
    Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Welcome to the desert!

Post maybe better to move to Regional/California section?

I've had experience with 2 shops in the area..

International Motors in Cathedral City. Good mechanics, small shop and a bit on the pricey side - I think because the lack of repair shops in area. They have worked on my e36 m3, e60 535i, e30 m3 for about 6yrs.

Escher Auto in Indio, knowledgeable and works from home shop. A good mechanic, just wasn't too pleased with facility (car ended up with scratches from feral cats on property).

I've heard Jun-Tek in Cathedral City is good too, but I have not tried them with any car.

It would be great to hear some feedback from others as well!

And to maybe organize a meetup at some point!

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up -- I'll check them out. Meanwhile, I'm actually returning to a place in Indian Wells I bought seven years ago when I was working at The Desert Sun. Early this year I decided I was tired of living on a sailboat in Hawaii and decided to move back to the desert ... boat is still for sale.
      ainadude
      Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Great to see some local members. New here in search of my first e30... looking for a nice 318is but open to other options. Let me know if you hear of any for sale locally. I'm in Palm Springs.

Comment

Working...
        X