The Bentley PDF <-- It's Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by everlast View Post
    I acquired a copy of the Bentley, and have optimized it the best I could from the copy I received. It is now a ClearScan file, with 300dpi grayscale, fully OCR'd with an embedded search index. I got it down to 162MB, then RAR'd it to 153MB.

I'm not confident the file will stay at these URLs. Note that the rar is password protected to prevent Rapidshare from examining the file. The password is bmw, and that is also noted in a file inside the rar.

Anyone with their own host for this file should download it and host it, as I doubt it will stay put on these free servers for long.

I fully expect that anyone downloading this already owns the book. I do, and 2 copies of the Haynes. Give Bentley the money they deserve for an excellent manual. The only thing it was missing was CTRL-F.
    can some one help me out here ?
    I used the media fire link
    after file extracted w/ pass word, acrobat comes up with corrupted file message. I tried on two different computers

OK so it helps to have a current version of Adobe reader. gee it opens right up
    Last edited by 36brua; 03-09-2010, 08:39 PM. Reason: update
    My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

dud awesome. thanks for sharing!
      No more e30s for me.
      88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
      88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
      91 BMW 325i [sold]
      86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

this is awesome. i left my bentley down at school and needed one here at home! lifesaver

Comment

thank you

Comment

this is great!! thank you
            and the restore begins...

Comment

Awesome! I'd been hoping this would turn up for a while. I own the book, but with this I can put it on my laptop and iPhone and be able to have it with me in the case that I am stuck somewhere and the book is sitting at home on my bookshelf. Being able to search is cool too. Thanks!

Comment

This is great, I dont know what happened to my bentley anyway but the binding was falling apart so this is a nice tool.

Comment

Ehh....pardon my computer illiteracy, but which version of WinRAR do I need?

Comment

The first one in the list on this page:

WinRAR is a Windows data compression tool that focuses on the RAR and ZIP data compression formats for all Windows users. Supports RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip

Comment

Love how the M42 is not supported, but the very first diagram on "engine management" shows the M42...

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Lol yeah, heh. Google for the much-easier-to-find E36 Bentley. It has all the M42 repair info in it.

Comment

Originally posted by everlast View Post
                          Lol yeah, heh. Google for the much-easier-to-find E36 Bentley. It has all the M42 repair info in it.
                          I don't have an M42

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Thanks everlast.

Comment

Originally posted by DREWHALL View Post
                              Thanks everlast.
                              Yes, X eleventybillion!

Closing SOON!

Comment

bad ass, thanks!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X