Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new bmw factory plug housings...what connectors go with what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

curious as well

Comment

Originally posted by sandlock View Post
      Gotcha. The housing for the washer pump that you said was the same for the coolant level, aren't the same on my car. Should've said this earlier, but I have a 89' 325i so I know the reservoirs are different from early years, not sure on the connectors.

the connector on my coolant level looks like this (tabs are broken):

These two items above, and the coolant temp sensor on the upper passenger-side of the rad (that you gave p/n's for above...hopefully for a late 6cyl car) are the ones that stand out as needing replacement currently. This makes up my current list for the next time you hit the garage. thanks.
      Bringing this back from the dead. Was this an easy fix? What did your workaround look like? The tabs on my coolant level connector broke too, and keeps throwing the coolant light on the OBC. I couldn't find part numbers anywhere and hope there's an easier PNP solution. Thanks!

92 325i Calypsorot Convertible
      H&R Sport Springs+HD Billies+E90 Drop Hats

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
        Anymore word on this?

I just got a bunch of white connectors and need the blue and grey connectors. I also am in need of the pins. But I did not come out of the thread with the PN for the pins.

This is great information to have as the E30s go under for more comprehensive restorations.
        Did you ever find a number for the blue ones?
        Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Is it accurate to say that the grounds in two pin switches are always on the right side?

I'm doing a lot of electrical in my rebuild and I'm not always 100% which side the ground goes on for two pin items like the coolant level sensor, washer fluid sensor, headlights, etc.

In answer to the two questions above, the blue connectors are replaced by the grey connectors (PN:61131378418) and the snap connectors like you see going on the coolant sensor are NLA in that size - BUT you can buy PN: 61131378408 and cut it down to size. Pics:

Also, on the green wires, i bought some multi-color wire label tags, cut out sections of them, wrapped a section to match the factory color, and put a clear shrink tube over it. That way i know what is what and dont just have a bunch of green wires not knowing which is which. Pics:

Last edited by CurrusDei; 01-06-2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X