X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked out a late model. None

Sent from the heavens

Comment

Does this have to be drilled into the decklid?
      Can it be double-side taped on like the E46 M3 rear lip spoiler comes from factory?

Comment

the spoiler in it's stock form is pretty heavy for a plastic molded piece... In addition, the poor Quality Control from the factory means that each spoiler conforms to the trunk lid differently. I'm not sure if tape will do the trick but thats just me

Comment

Anyone know where I can get some extra plastic nuts for a is spoiler along with the exact size specifications? I'm missing some of them.
          Last edited by Rickaytan; 04-18-2013, 12:26 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kkamakasi View Post
            Does this have to be drilled into the decklid?
            Can it be double-side taped on like the E46 M3 rear lip spoiler comes from factory?
            Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
            the spoiler in it's stock form is pretty heavy for a plastic molded piece... In addition, the poor Quality Control from the factory means that each spoiler conforms to the trunk lid differently. I'm not sure if tape will do the trick but thats just me
            i cut the studs off, ground the area down and used 3M molding tape to mount mine. fits fine.
            8380 Laboratories
            M3 Champs Poster

Comment

anyone know where theres a template for an e28 mtech spoiler on our e30's?

Comment

Originally posted by 8380 labs View Post
                i cut the studs off, ground the area down and used 3m molding tape to mount mine. Fits fine.
                x2

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

i just pushed mine down on the paint and it made marks for me to make my holes for the bolts
                  sigpic

Comment

I need to do this still and plan to use the template, thanks! Since I made the last post, figured I'd just edit this one...

I'm torn between two "points" and which one to use. I put a glob on each of the points, and marked the hood. I also used the template marked those "points." There is about 5mm difference in between the two. I know it is tough to eyeball it on top of the hood with the screws, but seems like it would be off. 125-129mm for each of the points from the bottom edge of the trunk seems pretty close to the actual trunk bend....

So, this gives me 3 x "points" to use....points using the length, points using the globs, or points in between those....

I know I'm probably overthinking this, but obviously drilling the trunk is permanent and I don't want to mess this up!
                    Last edited by BMWManiac; 06-10-2013, 12:42 PM.
                    1997 Artic Silver M3
                    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Does anyone still have this template available? Photobucket really hurt this thread. I know it's a long shot as this thread hasn't been touched in ~4 years

Thanks!
                      1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                      SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                      Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
                        Does anyone still have this template available? Photobucket really hurt this thread. I know it's a long shot as this thread hasn't been touched in ~4 years

Thanks!
                        Hope this helps. I don't know if it's copyrighted though, if it is, mods do what's necessary.

How to install an is rear spoiler Part number 51 71 1 945 710 it is still available new average used price is around 80-100 for one in good shape check your local forums and meets to acquire one. Tools required guts to drill into your perfect trunk lid 1/4 drill bit 5/16 drill bit 1/2 drill bit sanding bit to clean up

Comment

For those looking at this ancient thread. Here is the best copy I've been able to find [PDF]:

Comment

Working...
                          X