The Bentley PDF <-- It's Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bentley PDF <-- It's Here!

I acquired a copy of the Bentley, and have optimized it the best I could from the copy I received. It is now a ClearScan file, with 300dpi grayscale, fully OCR'd with an embedded search index. I got it down to 162MB, then RAR'd it to 153MB.

(URL edited, thanks to Supertim for finding a new copy on the interwebz!)

The rar is password protected to prevent Rapidshare from examining the file. The password is bmw, and that is also noted in a file inside the rar. You'll need Winrar to extract the file, and you'll also need Acrobat 9 to view this file. Fox It Reader 3+ I believe also works, but doesn't search as well.

Anyone with their own host for this file should download it and host it, as I doubt it will stay put on these free servers for long.

I fully expect that anyone downloading this already owns the book. I do, and 2 copies of the Haynes. Give Bentley the money they deserve for an excellent manual. The only thing it was missing was CTRL-F.
    Last edited by everlast; 11-07-2012, 09:42 PM.

Wow, that's really nice! Thanks! The 318is I just picked up came with a Bentley manual, and I have one for my MINI. I don't suppose you could ferret out a PDF for the MINI, too, eh? :D

Comment

Note that the M42 motor isn't covered in the Bentley, but the E36 Bentley covers that motor well. This is not my rip, but here it is anyway:

If there is demand, I have the E36 Bentley converted to Clearscan, etc too at a smaller file size. I'll keep my eye out for the Mini. Which model, R53 or R56?

Here is the E34 Bentley too (an older reconvert of mine):

Comment

The R53. Thanks!

I'm definitely interested in the Clearscan'd E36.

Comment

I don't think there is any PDF of the Mini yet, having just looked around. Scan yours!!

Comment

Oof. That's a lot of scanning!

Comment

It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

/:)

Comment

I downloaded it but my computer won't open it NOOO!! what program do you guys use to open it with?

Comment

Originally posted by E30AWDAZ View Post
                  I downloaded it but my computer won't open it NOOO!! what program do you guys use to open it with?
                  You need WinRAR to extract it.
                  IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

^ yep, http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm

Comment

Originally posted by everlast View Post
                      Oh and thanks for putting this up dude :)

I have the actual bentley manual for the E30 and E36 but nice to have in pdf format too :up:
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Cool.
                        Thanks for posting the password.
                        (i had missed that)
                        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

this pdf is a winrar!

it's good to have a more portable version of the bentley. also, it means i can give my bro is bentley back, now. lol

Comment

The PDF is fantastic! Threw it on the phone so I would have it with me no matter what.

Thanks a million!

Comment

HEy thanks. I have the paperback but having apple F function is so much better!
                              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X