Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to put a S13 SR20DET into your E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good job
    http://youtu.be/aOhYdZfY9QY
    https://vimeo.com/40801938

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      engine is mounted waaayy too far forward. :/ 3 of 4 cylinders in front of the strut towers?

no thanks.
      The SR gearbox has a solid mounted shifter, this is where the engine has to be until next year sometime when a shifting linkage can be made, custom oil pan, and brake booster removal/relocation (wilwood pedal box coming, so removal).
      In other words, a hell of a lot of work just for a 1-2% change in wheel weight distro. This engine will be sunk deeeep in the firewall if any movement is going to happen though. So add 'remake firewall' haha.

And it's right in the middle, not 3 out of 4 in front.

Originally posted by AutoXinE30 View Post
      Also, I was just staring at the pictures... Might the heat from the exhaust manifold being on the driver side of the car cause some issues with the Brake Master being right there? Extra hot brake fluid?
      Some very nice proper ali heatshielding was put in after that picture. Yes indeed the master cylinder got damn hot, completely untouchable after the short first-drive.

Comment

You should pm me with designs for your mounts ;)

Comment

I would do this swap in a heart beat if someone made the mounts for it.

Comment

i'll see if i have any pics floating around from my sr e30

Comment

defently if u can hook me up with some mounts or even an idea or specs that much appreciated. I have a friend with an sr20 in his 240Z .. he is gunna give it to me when he Fully Builts his other sr20w/GT35R. And i have another e30 laying around and been doing lots of research.. hopefully everything goes fine. and i get it the sr into the E30.

there was a website that sells the whole coversion kit for like 5grand??? i googled it i think it was K something

Comment

yeah k-speed i emailed them for prices for their kit seperated but no reply yet

Comment

Nice. My harness only needed 4 wires to run. Took the rest of the stuff out. positive switched, positive constant, start signal, and ground.

Comment

Did you ever get specs of the mounts?

Comment

Negative no word from k-speed

Comment

i also have this swap done, nice write up. definite boost in power.
                        1984 318i
                        sr20det swapped

Comment

I've got an s30 I though about the swap in, but now the e30...awesome, so much to think about
                          85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Have you by chance had a chance to weight the car? I have a torn sr20 and a vvl head laying around. I am really curious how the weight distribution was affected. If you have the numbers, could you post the corner weights and front to back weight distribution please.
                            Last edited by Dhohn; 02-02-2011, 06:42 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

bump

Comment

I didn't even want to put an SR20 into my 240sx...

I'm sure it's a good motor, but I can't justify going through the trouble of a motor swap to take a drop displacement.

Comment

Working...
                                X