No announcement yet.

Crazy Ray's : Jessup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw that there. No real method. I went to the new one in Edgewood last weekend. They had TONS of E36's and 1 e30 that was as complete as it gets, save the rear caliper that i took. They dont keep track of what they put in the yard, so you never know what you are going to get. Ive just made it a habit now to get up at the crack of dawn on Saturday and get there before it gets crazy (pardon the pun). If anyone needs me to look for anything, just PM me...
    84 Henna 325e - 88 Delphin 325iC -90 Schwartz 325is - 93 AW740iL - 01 Titan 740iLSport

Comment

i might make another trip out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
        Yeah Jessup is a pretty well picked over lot. During nicer weather we tend to go there 2-3 times a month. Other Crazy Rays tend to get more of the selection during the winter months, Hawkins point and Mt Airy seem to rotate the most.

Yun and I picked the two verts clean of the expensive stuff a week or two ago. I've seen everything there from manual sunroof and door cranks (picked up two sets last time) to euro bumpers

You found euro bumpers there???
        BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert30 View Post
          Yeah, 2 rears and one front. the rears could have been pieced together to form a complete, good one.

Originally posted by Mde36 View Post
          so it was you....I was looking for a manual sunroof crank when you guys went on the skyline run drive and every e30 at jessup was empty
          Ean, if you want one let me know and I'll gladly sell you a setup!

Originally posted by CabrioPunk View Post
          In your Crazy Rays experience, any method to the madness? Certain days better? Less traffic?

I'm jealous. I was just having a ball seeking out the BMWs. I can't wait to score that rare piece of performance bit. Came across a cassette console but three of the holders were kaput. I may still pick it up for spare parts for mine.
          They generally rotate cars on Tuesdays iirc. They don't keep an inventory so it's pretty random. Jessup and Hawkins point are pretty crowded during the summer, and Mt Airy and Edgemoor are less traveled but still have great finds.
          stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
            Yeah, 2 rears and one front. the rears could have been pieced together to form a complete, good one.

Ean, if you want one let me know and I'll gladly sell you a setup!

They generally rotate cars on Tuesdays iirc. They don't keep an inventory so it's pretty random. Jessup and Hawkins point are pretty crowded during the summer, and Mt Airy and Edgemoor are less traveled but still have great finds.
            I can use those euro bumpers
            Pm me -:)
            BawaMotorWerks@gmail.com

Pummy

sigpic

Comment

Front plate bumper delete. Black door pulls w. map pockets.

Think I am going again this coming week. Just a buck. cant hurt.

Comment

anyone want to go to mt airy?

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert30 View Post
                  Remember DC has a large embassy personnel and support staff. I have seen numerous oddities when I used to reside in the DC area as well. Plus EPA and all the other watch dogs are in this area so things might be funneled collectively to 3 or 4 junkyards for seized cars.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

i'm gonna go this weekend to the one in jessup, who is going?

Comment

I'll be going Monday or Tuesday if anyone wants to join in Jessup.

When I go I will start taking photos, keep each other up to date.

Comment

what are some good dc junkyards? I go there on the weekends sometimes haven't really looked into it.
                        My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

I will probably be there tomorrow early.
                          84 Henna 325e - 88 Delphin 325iC -90 Schwartz 325is - 93 AW740iL - 01 Titan 740iLSport

Comment

Originally posted by ill4noreason View Post
                            what are some good dc junkyards? I go there on the weekends sometimes haven't really looked into it.

there are a few in woodbridge, they didn't seem that great and one was a horrible rip off.

Comment

wide water in woodbridge has been good luck for me for the most part.

Comment

Nothing much today. A lot of open space as they made room for newcomers. No new E30s. The verts were gone. The same few E30s were even more picked over.

An Mtech1 steering wheel was found but it was in rather rough condition and the ignition lock would have made it too much work than what it was worth.

Comment

Working...
                                X