Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets get some iX mudflaps made. Who can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paging stinke30! Or anyone else with ix flaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Comment

I'm in for a pair if you guys can get it done.
      [/SIGPIC]"we are so totally screwed!"

Comment

I'll try and get some detailed pics with dimensions and all asap. I understand the need for oem-type fender and door protection, trust me!

Comment

I am interested too. I have a question about the rears however. One of my cars is a 1988 iX and the rear, at least I thought, was pre-facelift (metal bumper), and therefore would be a basic pre-facelift mudflap, as there is no flared plastic wheel arch at that point.

However, I took a late model rear mudflap (that fits perfectly on my 1991 convertible), and it is very close for a decent fit on my iX. There is only a small part near the top that doesnt match the molding. In looking at pictures of what people have sold for rears for early model, the profile of them doesnt even look like it would come close. I did not check the brackets.

so are rear 325iX mudflaps unique?

Comment

Rear iX mudflaps are the same as any late model.

Comment

bump. lets keep this moving stinky!!
              sigpic

Comment

Alright, so these aren't the most detailed pictures, and the only camera I have is my phone...

That being said I think they will give everyone a pretty good idea what the shape is and what makes these different from non-iX mudflaps.

One difference is the shape of the mold that contours around the iX fender flare.

The other difference is instead of using a metal bracket to connect the flap to the car, the iX flap has the bracket built into the mold so it bolts directly to the car (as far as I can tell from the 10 minutes I was test fitting them).

The backs are pretty straight forward as well.

I know these probably aren't the most helpful pictures, but I hope they can provide enough information for someone to get something useful out of them.

Comment

thanks for doing that man. hopefully Jeremy can get back in here and have some good news on getting this going.
                  sigpic

Comment

From what I can see in the pictures, the shape seems to be pretty easy to mold. So the next step would be to copy them somehow. I think the way to go would be to have them 3D scanned and then use the scan data to reverse engineer them in CAD. Since they're mirror images, it's actually only necessary to do the work on one of the pair.

Next thing to figure out is what process would be best to mold them. I'm familiar with injection molding but I think that would be much too expensive for the quantities involved. I'm thinking polyurethane casting might work out but I don't know much about it. Maybe I'll do a little research on that.

Can somebody give me some approximate overall dimensions of the mud flaps so I know what we're working with?

Comment

sub'd
                      praying for repros...
                      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

id be in!
                        1991 318i Slicktop - Sold
                        1991 325ix - Sold
                        1997 Estoril M3 Coupe - Sold
                        1986 325es - RIP
                        1997 328is - Sold
                        1995 Avus M3

instagram @MattLarzz

//M42 GOON-SQUAD
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281596

Comment

Sign me up for at least one set. Two sets if the price is right.
                          Chris

'83 320i - Crashed :(
                          '71 Nova - (9.71 @ 172mph) - Sold
                          '83 320i - Taking Offers
                          '01 325i - Sold
                          '07 Mazdaspeed6 - Sold
                          '89 325iX - Rust Free, 2 Door, 5 Speed
                          '06 M5 - Interlagos Blue SMG

Comment

I need someone to measure the mud flaps for me. Doesn't have to be exact. I just need some approximate overall dimensions.

Comment

This Gold 2-door e30 that parks on my street that isn't well kept has both fronts and 1 rear flap OEM. The car is marked 325a I think which I don't know much about. I'll leave them a note. How much would a good offer for them be?

Comment

Originally posted by saurey View Post
                                This Gold 2-door e30 that parks on my street that isn't well kept has both fronts and 1 rear flap OEM. The car is marked 325a I think which I don't know much about. I'll leave them a note. How much would a good offer for them be?
                                IX mudflaps are different than base models due to side skirts
                                Angus
                                88 E30M3 X2
                                89 325IX
                                92 R100GS/PD
                                :)

Comment

Working...
                                X