2.5-3.0 Stroker Kit (250 WHP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5-3.0 Stroker Kit (250 WHP)

Hi im new, I have a 89 325i with an m20b25. i am planning to stroke my motor this winter to 3 liters with a 324d (deisel) crankshaft, 325e (2.7) 1mm oversized pistons and using stock 2.5l connecting rods, and a 1mm bore Now what my question is... has anyone ever done this befor and if so can u please email me or let me know more on this. i am planing to in the end run aproximatly 250 rwhp. can this be achived with a stoker kit, chip, cam and the standards goods, exhaust , intake and bigger injectors? im getting stationed in kansas as well so if there are any e30 owners there please let me know. :roll:

Hello,

Well, using the TD 84mm stroke crank with 85mm pistons won't quite yield you a 3.0, it will equate a 2.8. You need to use a different crankshaft to get a 3.0.

250whp? If you use a Schnitzer 24v head.......maybe, at best. It will require an unreal amount of time spent on selecting the right parts and tuning the engine on a dyno.

Most of the 3.0L M20 guys are getting 175-200whp, and they are running high-compression, a hot cam, headwork, valve work, chip, exhaust, etc.

Give us a call if you're interested in any stroker kit, we can surely hook you up. Contact Pete McHenry at (336) 761-0643. :)

Comment

2.8l m20's (the setup you just described) are good for about 2-210hp at the crank.

You wont see 250hp out of a 2.8, or a 3.0 m20.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

The only way you're going to see 250 hp period with that setup is by running Forced Induction on top of it. 250RWHP is going to take a lot more work.

To get anywhere near 250rwhp on an NA motor, you'd have to go with a 3.2 crank and radical headwork to accomodate that. It would also make for a hand grenade motor.

-Charlie
        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
        FYYFF

Comment

Just an FYI - m20b25's and m20b27's have the same bore, so 325e pistons are not 1mm overbore.

Good luck buddy.

Comment

250whp is possible,

8200rpms, multi throttles, standalone system, 3.0 crank, with 85mm bore,
            11.5compression, premium fuel, and the best bit, exstensive head work,

A s50 swap is cheaper,
            Gunni
            @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

I have a 3.0 m20 with jim c chop intake catless exhaust and on my dyno day this summer I put out 179 rwp. So 250....good luck bro. Get a big ass turbo w/ forged internals to power that 3.0 and then you may have a plan.

Comment

Damn where is RedBaron when we need him?
                How did his quote go?
                "I want 400 hp for $50, where can I get that part?"
                Below the radar...

Comment

lets look at the goal. Alex Mc's OBD1 3.2 with built bottom end, headwork and stock cams makes 250whp. dont think thats very easy with an NA m20.......
                  BEERTECH

Comment

One major drawback,,,,,,,,,COST........stroking versus SWAP versus HP Gain

Get more info from the guys that did the stroke like myself and the guys that did the swap to the M50 or M52 or S52..BMW 24 valve new generation engines....
                    There is too much diference with the new 24 valves engine from BMW and it's all for the better.

So again ...do your homework on cost for stroking for how many ponies.......
                    Cost of a swap for how many ponies and how many more you can add to the new 24 valve engine...
                    The Sly

Comment

Do a 24V swap, trust me.
                      -Ted

Comment

I would put low compression forged pistons, rods, copper headgasket, stud kit, slap turbo, and turn up some boost.
                        95' M3.
                        90' 325i Turboed.
                        87' 325eS Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavkazia
                          I would put low compression forged pistons, rods, copper headgasket, stud kit, slap turbo, and turn up some boost.
                          Ain't that the truth.

matt

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                            The only way you're going to see 250 hp period with that setup is by running Forced Induction on top of it. 250RWHP is going to take a lot more work.

To get anywhere near 250rwhp on an NA motor, you'd have to go with a 3.2 crank and radical headwork to accomodate that. It would also make for a hand grenade motor.

-Charlie
                            Forced induction on a stock M20, right? Stroker motors are usually not turbo friendly. I've seen low compression turbocharged m20s with 10-15psi putting out those numbers.

BimmerJim is close i think...
                            Nick

87 325 5MT
                            02 IS300 5MT

Comment

yea im wanting 200 HP out of 7 PSI when my turbo goes in....2 weeks guys..

Comment

Working...
                              X