A Long and Arduous Journey|My final stand|The Classy Silvertsone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Lope7 View Post
    That's not a rep Zender Evo spoiler is it? Man they are so hard to find I would kill for a real one. Looking good!
    Negative. It’s 100% authentic. I looked for one for a matter of hours. Found one up in Washington state for sale and jumped on it. I’ll have to upload a pic of the Zender stamp since everyone likes to ask if it’s real.

Comment

Some things have happened so here is where it stands now as of 29JUL18

I had lost compression in 4 cylinders. Ended up bending the valves somehow. After checking everything, I replaced the following parts with these:

Ireland Engineering Intake valves in all 6 cylinders. (All have been lapped)
      VAC Motorsports cam gear
      New BMW head bolts
      Goetze HG
      ITG Filters

I also ordered some CaTunded coolant hoses as well.

I have checked the compression and it is much higher than it was before. I have cranked the car several times without the fuel pump relay to ensure that the engine sounded healthy spinning over. Before, there was a dip in sound and the engine did not sound as smooth. Now, it sounds much smoother and more even.

Comment

05AUG18

I was able to get the new CaTuned coolant hoses installed, oil changed with Amsoil Zrod, vacuum lines are back on, fan installed, and valve lash set. Just have a few bits here and there to take care of and HOPEFULLY the engine will be done for a bit.

Comment

Damn this thing is hot! Git her on a dyno for the spectators (pretty please)
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

12AUG18

Today, the car started properly for the first time in almost 10 months. Had a couple of issues at the beginning, but was expecting that. However, after about 2 hours of making small adjustments here and there, she finally runs smoothly at idle. All that is left is to sync the itbs and get her tuned.

In the mean time, I have a few other mods that I am working on that I haven't posted yet. There is a clue in the pic, but most of the work left is in the interior.

Comment

09SEP18

Still needs some tuning, but its good enough to drive at cruising speeds.

I also installed 1 of the 2 poly carbonate windows.

[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Helical View Post
                09SEP18

Still needs some tuning, but its good enough to drive at cruising speeds.

I also installed 1 of the 2 poly carbonate windows.

[/url]

Fantastic and beautiful! So curious about what kind of power this thing is going to make. I’m sure the ITB’s make it sound amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

+1 on dyno numbers! Sub'd
                  1992 325i Convertible - "project"
                  1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Where did you get the poly window? Looks great!

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                      Where did you get the poly window? Looks great!
                      Condor Speed Shop sells them.

Comment

Originally posted by DBShiznit View Post
                        +1 on dyno numbers! Sub'd
                        I am curious as well. I need to have it tuned and dynoed soon! But I need to take care of a few things before hand.

Comment

Working...
                        X