Melon's E30 Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melon View Post
    I've always wanted to paint a car, and now I have.

Lessons learned along the way for sure.
    Dude I'm envious of you having done it. Looks great!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks like its been a pain in the ass, but you will have the E30 you wanted and you cant put a price on that
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Dam you are quick ,nice to see the hicups u had with the clear coat never hold you back, looks really good for someone without experience fun thing about a project car I bet the next one will be even better.

I usually let the car sit a while before I cut or attempt any clear coat correction only if the paint was not baked in a booth.

Looking forward too see this car assembled the colour stands out in a good way

Comment

Now the real (expensive) fun begins.

Waiting on a few more shipments to get most of the things I need for now.

I do things.

Comment

Subscribing! Wish I could paint it would save me a ton when I finish my car.
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

New door seals? Very nice! I'm trying to keep the faith that the one vendor will reproduce them again....

Comment

1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

First thing comes in mind when I see that paint job - Fiat orange. Cool color

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Been a slow weekend. I'm really hampered while waiting on parts, some of which are over a month out.

Got the doors on, and brake w/ reinforcement plate installed. Cleaned and painted the interior with flat black Rust-Oleum, made a plate to go over the center in the back. Going to send the window motors off to be rebuilt. Tested the IHKS unit, it all works minus the recirc, so I'll order a new evap core and hoses, and just replace that instead of rebuilding the whole unit. I'm not 100% confident I can take it apart and put it back together.

Waiting on the headliner, and sending the guage cluster off to BavRestore to have it, well, restored.

Going to focus on the engine, and engine bay from here on out, while I'm waiting on parts.

Timing belt, valve adjustment, ordered a powder coated wrinkle finish valve cover, need to find an intake manifold to march. Other than that, will replace belts and hoses.

I do things.

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments!

The community does a lot to help me stay motivated.

I do things.

Comment

Great progress! The trunk looks fantastic.

Comment

I almost forgot! I got the tires mounted and balanced, and they fit perfectly in my bed extender.

I do things.

Comment

Like it was made to carry four wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                              I almost forgot! I got the tires mounted and balanced, and they fit perfectly in my bed extender.

That is so insanely satisfying.
                              Really liking how this build is turning out, you're doing great!

Comment

Operation tear down the engine bay was almost 100% successful. Decided to pull the head since it's leaking oil all over the right side of the engine, and the head gasket most likely needs replacing.

Got to have everything organized, bagged and tagged!

Cylinder honing looks really good, this is exciting, and the head should do well with a good clean up. I'm going to send it to a machine shop just to have it checked over since it's off. Also, one of the timing cover bolts snapped off, so I'll have them drill it out and re thread.

I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X