Funkmasta (Joe Funk) aka Autobahn Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brantleyr View Post
    i feel maybe you should read the thread closer... i did call him and i got no response, that was the point of my thread, there was not any communication via any form or method. and yes there is a thread on this matter, and it has been locked, that is probably why the second thread was created and it was locked as well, thus we are now looking at a third thread involving this matter, want to guess how many more times it will probably happen and what the outcome of this thread will probably be? ....

Comment

weird, I've been selling parts for quite a while, as a matter of fact I made a neat little gig/job out of it, and I am yet to find myself absolutely unreachable by people who've sent me their hard earned money. I may get busy, I may be doing other things and ignore a call, I may forget to call back, but there's absolutely no reason for people to call me once, just so I know what numbers not to answer. Besides that, Joe is on everyday on both of his accounts, to think, just once, we'd see him post to defend himself. Instead, Joe relies on community, such as yourself, Rick, to answer for him. It would have been "/thread" if Joe was in here, or any of his other previous threads that were negative, but he isn't. He's relying on people who've befriended him personally and through community to attack all negative feedback, which eventually causes threads to be closed and/or deleted.

I've been doing parts sales for a long time, and when it come to screwing up, I've done a lot, and from every mistake I've tried to learn and not to repeat. It's tough dealing with people with high expectations when it comes to used parts, I know this too well, but it's absolutely wrong to drop communication before the end of good transaction.

PS: I'm in no way implying he's a shady seller, but there have been way too many of such threads, and they all end up gone, it would be nice if good and bad was all merged together.

Comment

i completly agree with what you have to say, and honestly i have had trouble communicating with joe as well, but what it always comes down to is the people that complain about him are the people that dont call him. That is what im trying to get at.

I just get so tired of hearing people complain when they havent exhausted their options yet, and the main option being that they havent called...

Aptyp you seem like a good guy and like i said i see where you stand and i agree, joe is forgetful, and busy but in the end he always comes thru

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

They are worth the wait. Sorry for the delay. Last week was a hellish week. (Possibly evident by my lack of posting last week?, maybe not)
          I'll make sure that they get sent out today. I Presume that I have a PM prior to this thread waiting for me on the ABS account?

Aptyp, think about it. James and Josh OWN the forum.
          I imagine they close down negative threads because they both get parts from me. They know the quality, certainty, and rarity of the parts that I am able to get. I have never asked either of them to remove ANYTHING from a thread, unless it was untruthful regarding me. ...Slightly different situation than other vendors paying off other forum owners, though I won't name names.

Autobahn Sport is among the ONLY wrecking yards that have any actual knowledge of E30s, especially here in the Northwest. We are among the extremely few yards (read: high volume) in this country, where:
          -If you say "Alpine II", I know exactly what that means.
          -If you ask for an automatic to manual swap, you can order partial OR whole kits
          -For enthusiasts, especially those with specialty projects, I speak your language. Need parts for your M50 or M30 swap? I have DONE them. Not sure on the best way (because there is more garbage than truth on the internet)? I've tried most of those ways, and I help you come to a decision.
          -It's not just E30s, we do parts for E28, E24, E31, E32, and carry rare Euro parts, and rare US parts.

Also, I have much much MUCH more going on than a "little gig /job" selling parts on the forum. Ive been there, and I agree, it is not difficult. Running a full blown dismantling shop, which also does specialty swaps, and sometimes posts on R3vlimited is a totally different story. Apples and Oranges.
          People stick up for me for a reason, and I have never intentionally left anyone hanging. (Though BrantleyR is trying hard to be the first.)

Edit: Beast, you sent the paypal on the Evening of the 31st, so essentially as good as Wednesday morning. When you didn't receive it by Friday, you leave a nasty message Sunday afternoon? What?
          Last edited by Funkmasta; 04-06-2009, 03:17 PM.
          Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
          That Guy.
          03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Everyone is taking this the wrong way...I wasn't complaining that I didn't recieve my parts, I was essentially worried that I had suddenly lost this connection that had been there for the past few days promptly after sending the payment and sending multiple PM's asking if he recieved my payment. I apologize if I made anyone mad. I just wanted to make sure I got my parts as I'm only 17 and work hard for the little cash I earn.
            '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
            '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
            '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

Originally posted by Beastolizer View Post
              Everyone is taking this the wrong way...I wasn't complaining that I didn't recieve my parts, I was essentially worried that I had suddenly lost this connection that had been there for the past few days promptly after sending the payment and sending multiple PM's asking if he recieved my payment. I apologize if I made anyone mad. I just wanted to make sure I got my parts as I'm only 17 and work hard for the little cash I earn.
              your concern is legit, what you have to learn and now is a good time is that you have to pick up the phone and call.

unlike 17 year olds, joe is not on the internet 24/7, and by that i mean no disrespect to you

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
                your concern is legit, what you have to learn and now is a good time is that you have to pick up the phone and call.

unlike 17 year olds, joe is not on the internet 24/7, and by that i mean no disrespect to you
                Word.

Joe is a quality guy--just busy.

Comment

ALL of my transactions with Joe have went butter like smooth. I consider Joe a friend of mine and I still have trouble contacting him sometimes. You WILL get your parts, just be patient, you will not be disappointed.
                  -Andy

Comment

Ok, you guys have assured me that I will get my parts. I'm not worrying anymore.
                    '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
                    '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
                    '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

**Edited**

Disregard, I did recieve my parts though it was a very long transaction.
                      Last edited by maniacmatt; 05-04-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Matt PM'd.

And Trent, I feel that your post is 100% unnecessary. I really don't appreciate it.
                        Last edited by Funkmasta; 04-23-2009, 11:01 AM.
                        Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                        That Guy.
                        03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Joe, maybe I was hasty in that post. Guess I'm slightly gun-shy after our last conversation and hoping all will be better when I receive my mail.

Comment

bought heated seat blankets and harness for a price too low to say, had them in my hands with in a week!

joe is the man!
                            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Got Joe's m30b35 mounts, nicely packaged and shipped fast!
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Ordered a set of front struts, paid immediately with Paypal. Never got them, no phone calls or emails returned. Paypal claim settled in my favor with a total loss of the funds.

Ron

Comment

Working...
                                X