Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What setup did you end up going with?

Comment

I went with stock upgrades for brakes found on the 325 cars.

front:Strut Housing, hub assemblies, rotors and calipers,

rear: trailing arms, parking brake cables, hub assemblies, rotors and calipers.

I also upgraded to BavAuto lowering spring, KYB Exel-G/GR-2 Front Shocks (for 325 cars), and KYB Gas-a-Just rear shocks. Since I was going to use the wider shocks I will also be using the strut housing off of the 325 cars.

Lastly I picked up a rear sway bar too, its the stock sway bar off of the 325 cars. Im sure most of these parts can be found on the late 318i/s cars.

Comment

Finally finished today. Took it for a quick drive and its a huge transformation. I ended up leaving the 318i front brakes for now since I needed to save a little money. I drive miata aswell and while this car is a great improvement from what it used to be. It still isnt as good as the miata. But I enjoy this car more as a daily driver.

Comment

Why cant you stay running....

Car shut off on me. It seemed to loose power than at a stop it went off. Wouldnt trun back on and I felt the fuel pump relay hot. Towed it home and the next day, it turned on again and stayed running. It probably is the fuel pump relay but could something be causing the relay to overheat?

Comment

Still having Issues :(

Well Now I have an overheating problem. New Thermostat, hoses, and clamps. Still overheating and leaking small amount of fluid.

I posted a thread to discuss it.

Comment

Working...
            X