Girlfriend's E34 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlfriend's E34 project

The GF was getting really tired of her haggard E30 so I got her into an E34 a few weeks ago.

Here are the deets.

95 525iA
    100k on the clock
    Oxford on parchment(i think)
    Clean title, never wrecked, almost all original paint
    Just about everything works save for the power headrests
    Bought it from the original owner's grandson so it was fairly well taken care of.

First order of business is to figure out why I'm getting "trans program". Is this something I can read with the OBD1 scanner? Or do I need to take it somewhere to read the codes?

Few pics. Will get better ones soon, wanted to clean it up a little better.

The tires are really old and dry rotted so I will be putting on some E39 style 5s from my M3 soon
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Hey cool, another E34 around...sweet!

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Oooooh, goodie. Not the greatest color combo/trans. config imo but looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Comment

nice the right wheels would make a big difference like it potentail !

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
          Oooooh, goodie. Not the greatest color combo/trans. config imo but looking forward to seeing where this goes.
          My main criteria was I wanted it to be a 95. Wide grills/mtech skirts and painted lower bumper goes a long way to make it look better. The interiors also seem to be nicer but ya she wasn't exactly thrilled with the green but she loves this car nonetheless. There is a good chance I will be swapping it to a manual though if it turns out the trans needs to be replaced. She would prefer to shift herself anyway. I am taking a personal liking to this car so there will be some fun times to come ;)
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Love me a '95.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
              My main criteria was I wanted it to be a 95.. I am taking a personal liking to this car so there will be some fun times to come ;)
              I have no doubt there will be awesomeness. :p

'95 interiors are definitely the best. The leather feels beefier and has a more course texture. Also the door panel inserts are ruched vs. plain and flat.

Comment

I want a 95 now! lol but I definitely prefer the early narrow grills.

looks like a good car. I love mine

Comment

Because somebody's gotta say it...

In for pics of girlfriend.

Comment

Is the trans program on all the time?

You may have seen this but:

BMW E34 5 series, Tuning, repairs, troubleshooting.

the trans program thing is pretty common, mine used to come and go so I never got around to fixing it.
                    Originally posted by LJ851
                    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

As far as the behavior of the car goes it seems pretty normal from the time you start it. The shifts seem a little hard to me but then again I have nothing to compare to. Once I get to about 45 though I notice it has yet to shift I to 4th and the revs just keep climbing with speed until about 50 then trans program comes on. Otherwise just driving around town it seems perfectly normal.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                        Because somebody's gotta say it...

In for pics of girlfriend.
                        Most of you guys have already seen her lol. She usually brings the BBQ to the ABQs in her E30.

Comment

looks solid curious about the price?
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Working...
                          X