Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonsense Thread

I did the same when the SNES came out.

Never played much until some friends got me back into PC gaming in 98-99 playing Stargate. Then I got roped in to LAN parties in the early 2000’s, playing BF, Company of Hero’s, Stalker...etc. Never kept up with cutting edge tech, preference was slowly upgrading or over clocking what I had. Every 5 years I’ll do a PC rebuild, but part of that is also for software dev work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      Holy crap buddy!!!!!

That shit can kill ya as you well know. I’ve been hit my 110v many times...to the point where I don’t take it seriously. I usually change outlets with the power hot. Zap! Damnit! .....keeps on working. I’ve been hit by 220v once. Scared the shit out of me. Really got my attention. I wound up with a burn on the back of my hand that took more than 2years for the scar to go away.

I am really glad to hear you seem to be ok. Was this off one of those locomotive generators?
      Seconded big time.

Never been hit by anything over 110 (I too change out outlets and switches while live, not on all occasions, but often enough). I can't imagine what 480 feels like across the chest.

Glad you're still here Exodus.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Never had a SNES, just the regular Nintendo, then the N64. I was a master at Mario Kart, but it was Goldeneye on N64 that killed it for me. I was so bad at that game and was always getting murdered that it wasnt fun at all for me. About that same time I discovered this sweet spot that ladies have and the joy of wrenching. Never looked back
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Been playing Stardew Valley on my laptop the past month. Think indie Harvest Moon. It's a nice time sink as I haven't been able to get outside for awhile now.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
            Seconded big time.

Never been hit by anything over 110 (I too change out outlets and switches while live, not on all occasions, but often enough). I can't imagine what 480 feels like across the chest.

Glad you're still here Exodus.
            We don’t have 480 up here so I cannot comment on that, but what we do have is 575/600 volt 3 phase.
            I can testify being lucky to be alive after touching the outside of my second knuckle on the pinky of my right hand, on a 600v/120v step down control transformer terminal.

I work in the service mechanical industry and I made an almost grave mistake one day assuming the fucking electrician did his job. I went to service a roof top make up air hallway heater/fan unit that had tripped itself off on it’s freeze stat due to a pump failure not supplying it hot water one cold snowy winter day.

I replaced the pump, went up to the roof and turned off the main disconnect to the roof top unit.

What I didn’t do was confirm the disconnect had shut all 3 legs of power off.
            I reached in to hit the reset on the control and my pinky brushed the outside terminal of the transformer.

The shock lifted me off the ground and onto my ass in the snow. All the muscles in my neck, jaw ,and shoulders had seized up. The lift slammed my hand upwards into the 3 screws sticking through the sheet metal of the unit and drove them 3/4” into the back of my hand. The building concierge who was with me, screamed.

After about 2 minutes sitting on my ass in the snow I calmed down, got up, and took the disconnect cover off and found the fucking electrician had put a two pole disconnect on a three pole power supply. One line goes right into the unit untouched.

Fucker!

Always check power is off
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

^jesus! that is really bad! that guy's company could lose everything by taking shortcuts like that.

ive seen people do shit like that before: its 15 minutes to quitting time.....hot date tonite.... don't have the correct part. don't want to drive all the way across town to the electrical supply store to do it right.... a 2 pole single phase cutoff that is sitting on the truck will do just fine. no one will ever notice......teehe....
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Nonsense Thread

when Australian chickens eat Canadian chickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post

Ramadan is fasting time for me, but the bird decides to eat bird.
                  Why would you give your bird... ...bird?
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                    Why would you give your bird... ...bird?

He evolved from a ferocious Dinosaur.
                    T-Rex, tiny almost non existent hands and born with three legs, which gave these birds the name Cockatiel.

Coincidence our cars also love conventional oil?

Mascot for R3V?!
                    Last edited by Sonny; 05-22-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Ahhhhh, he has theeeeee hunger

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                        Mascot for R3V?!
                        I don't think we plan to replace you anytime soon.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by agent View Post
                          I don't think we plan to replace you anytime soon.

Was my reward the one week ban?

Comment

Wouldn’t call it a reward more of a breather for the rest of us to gather whats left of our sanity.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Man, a week sure goes by fast. Damn.

Comment

Damn birds, they're the worst.

Comment

Working...
                                X