Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlytle64 View Post
    yep.

Well i am going to do some wiring work and if i can get my car going and running good, i will be interested in it.
    1984 318i weber 38/38

Comment

bump....still looking for a home for that bmpd m10 header...
      marshall
      75 M2
      87 325
      97 m3
      02 325it

Comment

double bump!!
        bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Where did you go to buy that???? I have been looking for a header for my m10 for months now. I bought the one off of ebay, wound up being a bust cus they sent me one for an m42 and when I sent it back they said they didn't have any for the m10 and refunded my money.
          sigpic
          85 swartz/metallic 325E
          84 alpine 325E
          85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
          84 Bronzit 318i/sold
          purchase feed back here=http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...82#post3535282

Comment

Ireland Engineering has a few different ones on their site! Does anybody know if a 2002 header will fit a 84 318i? They make a real nice stepped race header for the 2002, and was thinking of putting that on the 318!!
            Chris Leone
            chrisleonemotorsports.com
            rollcages and fabrication
            Remember cross threading is the only thing stronger than loctite!!

Comment

From what I have read, the 2002 headers hang down lower than the 318i headers do. Meaning, if your car is lowered, it will scrape on everything. This is just what I have picked up from reading a ton of posts, so not 100% sure
              85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

i have both a 2002 and a 84 318i...both headers hang lower than stock....the 02 is lower 1.5" and scrapes every now and then...i welded and extra plate to the one on the 318 (that i got from TEP) and so far it has never hit the ground but it is sitting at stock height.
                bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Ah ok. Yeah I'm going look into that since there about the same. Is there any other sites that I can check to find a header for it, or is that place the only one?
                  sigpic
                  85 swartz/metallic 325E
                  84 alpine 325E
                  85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
                  84 Bronzit 318i/sold

Comment

So the 2002 header fits on the on m10 huh sweet. Well I found a header and they have a street version and a race version that has a little bigger primary's and bigger collector size. If I run the race version cus it's bigger is there going to be any problems by running the bigger one?
                    sigpic
                    85 swartz/metallic 325E
                    84 alpine 325E
                    85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
                    84 Bronzit 318i/sold

Comment

Originally posted by crazyman View Post
                      So the 2002 header fits on the on m10 huh sweet. Well I found a header and they have a street version and a race version that has a little bigger primary's and bigger collector size. If I run the race version cus it's bigger is there going to be any problems by running the bigger one?
                      m10 likes a lil back pressure to close the exhaust vavles. i am running a 3" straite pipe on the m10 in the 318i and i dont think there is enough back pressure. but if you run a cat i think it should work out nice...
                      bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Course they like back pressure:hitler:. I have no cat and 2 1/4" all the way to the thrush welded muffler. I won't run 3" pipe, but if I stick with the setup I have and just add a header I should be fine right?
                        sigpic
                        85 swartz/metallic 325E
                        84 alpine 325E
                        85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
                        84 Bronzit 318i/sold

Comment

i cant say for sure! just give it a try and report back! ... i am looking for a spun cat that someone will ship to cali right now
                          bimmerboltsandparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Ok I guess I'll try that. Bigger is always better right. Lol
                            sigpic
                            85 swartz/metallic 325E
                            84 alpine 325E
                            85 zinnoberot 318i/R.I.P
                            84 Bronzit 318i/sold

Comment

Originally posted by crazyman View Post
                              Ok I guess I'll try that. Bigger is always better right. Lol
                              so what happened? i'm in the 200$ range for a header for my m10 and not wanting to just buy a random obx with hopes of it working... looked at the stahl but nobody directly mentions if it is worth it or how much.

thanks for any help that's provided.

Comment

nevermind, problem solved. tep it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X