Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred nailed it IMO. You should have ate the replacement money and kept the customer happy. Hoping in the long run Lee would at least partially reimburse you. It sucks that it happened but I think you could have expedited it better. Cant wait to hear Lee's say in this.

Comment

I'd take the risk if it were a paying customer if it meant cultivating a relationship.
      Yup. You have to. Seeing we have the internet as a resource to spread complaints, I wouldnt worry about Lee coming clean. Keeping your local customers is a hell of alot more important.
      -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
      2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

brakes.....

I am very familiar w/ your past relationship w/ Massive/Lee and I know it was good.

Ive read all your posts on Massive....and his responses to you.

Based on your story, it makes me a bit uneasy....but Lee should speak as well.

Why not just send you two rotor outers.......its good business...and wont cost him very much???!!! I have spoken w/ Lee numerous times over the yrs, and even developed a group buy of his STREET kit....he seems like a reasonable man yet strong minded...and I would assume his profit margins are tight. But even to take small loss here is something a business man needs to consider. I run a small business, and sometimes you just have to make things right.

In the meantime you really shouldve ordered the rotor parts for the customer and made it good for your shop......and deal w/ Massive independently. ( I now see the parts were not avail to you)

Has he contacted you yet?...

I have read so many of these INTERNET relationships w/ vendors gone bad...there is usually a good explanation........yet it does seem like a bit too much time has passed here.

Id like to hear the outcome.
        Last edited by JRKOUPE; 08-27-2010, 01:58 PM.
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I actually offered the customer corrado rotors + money back but he wanted the two-piece slotted rotors that I sold him and understandably so. Of course wilwood's site is down now so I can't confirm it but when I checked the other day they didn't offer an 11" slotted rotor and it was a Lee-only piece. I believe they JUST released the plain rotors...

Bottom line though, when the complaint first arose wilwood had nothing to offer me so I was stuck with ordering from Lee. Believe me, if I had another option I would have taken it a month ago!
            '89 325is S50 Track Montser
            '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

never trust a canadian!

Comment

I have the Massive Street Kit (Although I did not get the RacingBrake rotors) and have not had a single problem. But I can't comment on the 2 piece rotors that Lee sells. The rest of it however, works without issue.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

Should've just bought him rotors out of your pocket, and dealt with it later.

Comment

Fidhle's situation is not the point of the thread; no matter what he could or should have done, Massive's business practices are still in question.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                      Fidhle's situation is not the point of the thread; no matter what he could or should have done, Massive's business practices are still in question.
                      I completely agree. I think Fidhle did the right thing. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Comment

HAHA theres no Ctrl-v way out of this lee

Comment

Most likley Lee will not be responding in this thread. Lets be honest, this thread will do virtually nothing on the big scale to lees business so why would he even feel the need to respond. Besides, the OP is not asking for a response here...... he simply wants his email returned, and I am doubtfull that will happen. I am un-subscribing. This is a waste of a good read.
                          ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

I think he should get in here and explain himself at least so as not to let this tarnish his reputation.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

I'm perfectly happy with the brakes I bought from Lee and think you have brought this entire situation onto yourself. Had you sold the customer a new set of brakes from massive, of course I would expect Lee to replace the rotors immediately if the lateral runout was out of spec, but you have put yourself and your shop in this position by trying to sell your half used half new kit through your shop and expecting the supplier to cover the "possibly" bad parts. I see no evidence you've provided that the rotor itself is what's causing your vibration issue, vibration caused by excessive runout can be caused by several things including improperly prepped hub assemblies, but most often vibration is caused by uneven pad deposits due to improper break in which can be removed quickly and easily in a brake lathe then followed by a proper bedding of the pads. I do believe Lee could have responded in a more timely manner, thus I believe there is fault to be shared by both parties involved.

Erik

Comment

Anyone interested in hearing the flip side of the story?
                                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                                X