No announcement yet.

Questions about m10 s14 stroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been boosting my M10 for over 7 years, I have never met someone that can say that about an m20:) What finally brought my m10 out of the car was a broken ring land due to a bad tune, the rest of the engine is mint. My new motor is also an m10. I get better than m3 whp with the m3 weight balance :) . There is a reason BMW built the M3 as a 4 cylinder when the already had a 2.3 m20.
    sigpic

Comment

Solo318, Do you have a build thread? would like to see what you did.

Comment

I don't have a build thread but I would be more than happy to answer any questions. I cannot take credit for the piston fitment though, I got the information from Mitch over on the "other" forum.
        I put the new engine in on Friday. It sounds awesome, My 60 trim t3 whistles like a train horn at idle :) the difference in exhaust pulse is quite noticable.
        sigpic

Comment

My recipie:

S14b23 crank, front timing chain gear. S14 oil pump chain and sproket. 2002 double row timing chain and cam sproket. S14b23 rods (or s38b36)

The pistons are the killer items. They are mahle motorsport (read--very high quality and should be high dollar) pistons for a ford modular. I dont have the part number, but you can search them easily enough. They are dished, and 90.1mm bore. They come in 4 packs with 4 spares and should cost about $500.

That setup on my engine last dyno time was 465bhp.

Comment

Sounds so nice! How much did the parts cost if you don't mind asking?

Comment

I am currently running the same recipe as Deagle. I must say that it just plain works! In any custom engine build the problem is always piston quality. Most custom pistons are built with a pretty short lifespan, The Mahle pistons are very high quality and are built to last.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by solo318 View Post
                I am currently running the same recipe as Deagle. I must say that it just plain works! In any custom engine build the problem is always piston quality. Most custom pistons are built with a pretty short lifespan, The Mahle pistons are very high quality and are built to last.
                Yea I believe you get what you pay for in most instances. I have a full m10 motor and an empty car, so I'm thinking about going ahead and building it up after I finish this m20, I'll have to talk to you two a little more when I'm actually getting into it. Thanks for the advice. Ohh and dealt is that 465hp on all motor or are you running a turbo?

Comment

He's boosted. 500hp n/a m10 would be like a 10 hour motor LOL

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                  DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Lol yea I don't see how it would make it but ya never know lol

Comment

Hey Guys ,

Do you have any stroker info for the E30 318i 4cyl ?.
                      Here in South africa we dont have the e30 m3 .So getting the s 14 crank is not an option for me

Vinny

Comment

What about using a e46 320d crank (90mm) ?

Comment

I've never heard of that crank being used. Look up the bore spacing and compare it to an m10. That would be my first guess on figuring out if its possible. We didn't get that engine in the US.

Comment

As I said over on "the club" wrong bore spacing.

Comment

Thx guys :)

Comment

Working...
                              X