E28 24v swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E28 24v swap?

Is this possible using bolt on parts like the e30? My uncle wants me to put an s52 into his 535is... He replaced the m30 2x and he wants something more modern under the hood.

So I guess is the subframe the same on m30 e28s as m20 e28s? Is so I wonder if the swap is same as e30 regarding tr motor mount arms/mounts? I'm not worried about wiring as that's the easy part, just the mounting of engine/tranny and driveshaft options. Thanks in advance for any info
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

I don't have a definite answer, but the swap has been done. I saw a couple on mye28.com. However, I can't recall if it was a fairly straight forward swap. I didn't pay too much attention because I don't own an e28 just yet, and once I get it, I will probably leave the m20b27 in it as a good commuter
    85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Mye28 has a few guys who have done this.

The e28 subframe is the same from 535 to 528.

Not sure as to mounts to swap it in though. Info is out there. It's not going to be the same as an e30 as far as mounting shit or the C101 (well, late e30s, as the e28 C101 is a rectangle).
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

he should m52 or 54... or s5x..

but im pretty sure the m50 puts down less than the m30...
        1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
        1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
        1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
        guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
        Originally posted by ak-
        Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Yah he wants an s52, but I don't wanna take on any project that requires to much custom fabrication...

Comment

Below the radar...

Comment

thats just a link to a fs ad that doesn't really show the full scope of work...unless the whole point is that its that easy??

i see custom engine arms thats about it. no mention of driveshaft... custom exhaust is a given.
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Hmm I see the custom motor mount arms, but looks like an e36 tranny mount. E34 oil pan, looks fairly straight forward, custom mounts and maybe driveshaft.

Comment

Its ALOT eazier then a M60 Swap.

And yes the Sub-frames are the same.

Comment

Hey, any update on the e28 swap? I'm trying to find as much info as I can about swapping an m52 into an e28, but keep coming up short.
                    Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

Comment

Nothing from my side. I didn't have the time to tackle this project, so I let it go. Tryn to convince my uncle to man up and LS1 swap his e28, but he thinks American motors are garbage...

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                        Tryn to convince my uncle to man up and LS1 swap his e28, but he thinks American motors are garbage...
                        Your uncle. I like him.

Comment

LOL, you wouldn't like him as much if he called you everytime his m30 had a problem, which is always! Also, he's a Ford guy... I told him 5.0 swap is possible...

Comment

LOL!

B35 swap it and you won't have any more problems! That's what I did, lol

Comment

Best write up I've found, makes it seem pretty straightforward.

1983 528e, 200k mile club, BBS Mahles.

Comment

Working...
                              X