Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there really only 1 M10 thread worth posting in ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see a lot of talks on headers, but whatt about those who are NOT allowed too run them as per the raacing rules of the division. is there only one stock manifold? or is there a choice to pick from that would flow better then stock (Example, a manifold from an 19XX CarMaker Model bolts up and is a 1/2 inch bigger thru out??) (who would have guessed that a chevy V8 truck manifold bolts up to a BMW head!!!)

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
    Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

The 2002tii stock exhaust manifold is noted for its very good flow - better than some headers.

v i s i o n a u t i k s

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
        any links to weber setup diys? or kits?
        Pierce Manifolds, Ireland Eng, Pelican and others sell the carbs & kits (incl. manifolds, linkages, tuning components, air cleaners, etc.). Most difficult part for later model M10s is the mech dizzy - since the more common tii/ti ones for the 02 spin the 'other way'. But swapping the cam to a high lift/duration 02 cam - a key match along with high compression for best use of the Webers - will enable you to run the typ. mech-only advance Bosch distributor that most run with a dual DCOEs setup.

For DIYs - maybe check on 02FAQ or the Weber Manual. Nice thing is they're fairly common on the M10 -- many Alpina 02s had em, and OEM ti setups (dual Solex) are similar enough.

v i s i o n a u t i k s

Comment

Chevy truck manifolds bolt up? That's crazy, if I've ever heard it.

sigpic

Comment

I could care less if it bolt up if it isn't an improvement. Would be cool to pop my hood & see some hooker headers though. LOL

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post
              Part of why I like them is that they're the black sheep of the e30 family, that and the M10 under the hood. People who hate on the M10 either don't know anything about BMW's history or are just too obnoxious to give a fuck. The M10 played a HUGE role in BMW's growth into what it is today. There's a reason Munich H.Q. is shaped like four cylinders...

Yeah, they're slow, but you know the cliche about it being more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. "Tossable" like the OP said. There really isn't a better word for it, and the 6 cyl cars aren't the same. Nothing more fun than bombing down a twisty back road, keeping the momentum going and the engine spinning in the proper rev range, not just letting horsepower do all the work. That's what separates real "drivers" from simply people who drive fast.
              That might be the most beautiful thing i've ever read.
              Celebrating 30 years.
              1986 E30 Coupe, assembled in Munich, West Germany, 7/7/86. M10 5 Speed cruisin' through time and space

Comment

Working...
              X